No announcement yet.

Dougie's obsession with Sproles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you and Trent are actually on the same page.

I think Sproles and Clement are fine but they need are hard runner too. Smallwood and Adams aren't really getting that done regularly. Sproles is probably gone if they add a guy that's slighter (Gaskin?). I don't see them adding anyone via FA, so I could see them keeping Sproles if the price is right.
    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 01-02-2019, 04:47 PM.

Comment

WE ARE. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE ' YOU SO STUPID'.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I think he's saying

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
        WE ARE. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE ' YOU SO STUPID'.
        if someone is so stupid as to not see that sproles is a pro's pro, you just won't get it now. I think it's in reference to Snakebitten and not you.

Comment

I'll take that feedback. Some people like the 'pro's pro'. I prefer to move on. I'm on board with cutting ties with them a year early than a year late.

Comment

I didn't know that Clement's injury could keep him out that long. Smallwood has been decent lately but he had fallen out of favor before Clement went down. Adams had some good games before he fumbled against Houston, and I think he'll probably stick around since his style is different from that of Clement/Smallwood. If a guy gets cut it's probably Smallwood.

Don't they have an extra 2nd in 2019? I wouldn't be opposed to them going RB that early. A dynamic RB needs to be a priority, and when you get into the 3rd and 4th rounds, the RBs are similar to what they already have - good for what the OL gets them.

Edit: as far as Sproles goes, they just can't rely on him for a 15th season.
            Last edited by art vandelay; 01-02-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Yes I agree

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
              I never want a one workhorse back. I want a running back by committee. I know I say it a lot but I like the way New England does it. Follow their blueprint like we did last season. They always know the importance of having a good running game to protect Brady especially in the colder months.
              Follow the blueprint and do it better

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                if someone is so stupid as to not see that sproles is a pro's pro, you just won't get it now. I think it's in reference to Snakebitten and not you.
                YOU'RE RIGHT. I DIDN'T READ WHOLE THREAD. RUNNIN OUT THE DOOR. JUST GOT ON REAL QUICK.
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Sorry

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  I didn't know that Clement's injury could keep him out that long.
                  the rumor is clement has been hurt this entire season before he went on IR and that's why he's been so mediocre. He should be ready to go next season based on everything I've seen.

Comment

ha, don't blame the messenger

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                    I'll take that feedback. Some people like the 'pro's pro'. I prefer to move on. I'm on board with cutting ties with them a year early than a year late.
                    just using the Trent to english dictionary!

Comment

A Babble Phish?
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Oh yeah. He totally wasn't right this year. I think it was the Indy game where he played through injury because otherwise they would have only had 2 RBs active.

Comment

So, at the risk of putting words in your mouth, you (and Snake) would not want Barkley, McCoy or Elliott?

EDITED TO ADD:

Oh yeah ... forgot Gurley.
                          Last edited by slag; 01-03-2019, 09:38 AM. Reason: spelling
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I want nothing to do with McCoy. I prefer they not overspend for the position including never taking a RB in the first round (unless it's a really late first pick and the options are limited) and certainly not paying them what a Le'Veon Bell will get.

Belichick knows the importance of having a lead back, split back and now even a fullback. His teams always could run and they didn't need the big names to do it (Antowain Smith, Corey Dillon, Stevan Ridley, LeGarrette Blount, Kevin Faulk, Danny Woodhead, Brandon Bolden, Shane Vereen, Dion Lewis, Rex Burkhead, James White, and Sony Michel). He also knows the importance of having good TEs that helps the run game.

It's no coincidence the Eagles won a championship with a team that looks very similar to New England.

Comment

I'm not so sure that RB by committee is the key to New England's success or Super Bowl victories in general.

I think the predominance of RB by committee is the allocation of money position that you prefer.

However, if you get the right guy you can win with a feature back ... Seattle did it once and would have won two if they used the fucker at the end of the game against the team with the model you like.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Brady and Belichick will always be the key to their success but the rest of their blueprint works, also. If they can find a Kamara, Conner, or Hunt (minus the violence) in the later rounds, I'm all for it. Let them play through their rookie contract, top it with a Howie special extension towards the end, then let them walk.

Some people like offenses that look like the Steelers (Brown and Bell). Some people like teams that look like the Patriots (Bunch of white guys and journeymen RBs). I'll take the team that consistently beats the team with the 'names'. Don't get me wrong, I know Brown is better than Edelman. I just prefer players that put their team before themselves and I also like the depth.
                                Last edited by Snakebitten; 01-03-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X