Only 3 behind but I think the Phils are done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 3 behind but I think the Phils are done

When they get hitting they don’t get pitching. The bullpen is cooked.

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
    It's looking like what you stated but you never know.

In any case they have exceed my expectations for this season. Simply playing better defense would have won them several games.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

yeah, looking bad. it's very frustrating that they've failed to take advantage of consecutive losses by atlanta against miami. but maybe the fact that atlanta hasn't pulled away means they aren't this good either. at this point i think they're a lot worse than the 3 NL central teams battling for spots, and their only hope is to win the division.

Comment

have the games started counting yet?

Comment

ATL has a tough schedule to close the season. They play Tampa, Pittsburgh, Boston, Zona, SF, St Louis, and Washington. Most of those teams are still in contention for the playoffs.

The Phils have Washington, Chicago, NYMutts, Miami, and Colorado. If they can manage to stop playing down to their competition they can still get it done.

7/10 of the final games of the season are Phils vs Braves.

The division is wide open. The playoffs will likely be a different story...
          Last edited by ishimonster; 08-27-2018, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Teams like Miami and the Mutts are dangerous this time of the year ... they feel no pressure and fuck contenders up.

But yes, the division is wide open with plenty of games left to play.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
              The Barves and Nats suck as well. The Phillies looked dead in the water earlier this year after the four game sweep in San Francisco and they bounced back. They are a resiliant bunch.

I am still quite confident they will win the NL East this year. Should they fall more than five games behind Atlanta then I will feel differently. They have an excellent chance of picking up one or two games on Atlanta over the next three games.
              Last edited by 06hawkalum; 08-27-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X