Pretty lame...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty lame...

We desperately need a WR and we have Matthews and Maclin coming in for workouts. Soft. Carson is going to come back Sunday with who to throw to? Maybe Nick Foles? Even if Gordon or Dez didn’t know a single play they’d command attention and open up everyone else. Genius by NE to even stash him up there!!!

This is beating a dead horse I know it just sucks going into a weekend that should feel awesome with Wentz coming back but feels ominous. I know I know get a dog. Sunday sucked. The FF castoffs aren’t going to be a spark.
    Charismatic megafauna.

Carson Wentz is a weapon

Comment

First of all they need someone for THIS WEEKEND. Matthews knows the offense. Anyone else you bring in here is not going to be ready to play by Sunday. Who else you going to sign? No one is going to trade a WR after 2 games. And all of those people who think the Steelers are going to somehow trade Brown right now or anytime are living in a fantasy world. Same with Davante Parker, although I said previously it doesn't seem like he and Gase like each other at the moment.

You got Kenny Britt, Eric Decker Dez, and a few other non descript WRs out there as street FAs. Let's remember that Gordon is one strike away from being permanently banned from the league. Plus, he lied to the Browns. He said the photoshoot was for his clothes line but it was a football promotion and that's how he got hurt last Friday. This organization doesn't need that headache.

At least Wentz and Matthews had a strong connection when he was here before.

Comment

Incredibly underwhelming Not that the eagles were in a position with any leverage but Matthews sucks. I guess knowing the offense is really valuable. Now McShovelhands can push agholor out of the slot...

Comment

Yup. He can make a lesser group of receivers look better. Just like Brady, Rodgers and those guys. Get Jeffery back and we'll be OK.

Matthews can't catch but he at least knows the offense and Wentz likes him, which counts for something. For a week or two it'll do if he's healthy.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

He must have caught a few balls ... he led the Eagles' WRs in receiving the 2 years before he left ... the last one with Wentz throwing to him.

Maybe you're confusing him with Nelson Agholor.
            Last edited by slag; 09-19-2018, 08:35 AM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I know he put up numbers. But if you think he didn't have issues with dropped balls, you're misremembering.

Comment

He dropped some dramatic situation throws ... but I just looked ... the prior years he was in Philly he had the best catch percentage (targets to catches) of all receivers every year (except one year when Josh Huff had a better percentage on only 17 targets).

I don't know what he has injury-wise but he's familiar with the offense, loved playing with Wentz, hated being traded, and had one shit year when he got hurt.

If he's healthy he's not a bad player ... particularly if he's not the primary target.

Comment

You just do not

Dump a girl, lock up a ting, and then go back to the first girl for any reason.
                  Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

they just did

Comment

Are you going to take that from your uncle slag?
                      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I seriously believe they should use Foles as a receiver in goal line situations. Ertz, Dallas, Foles and Alshon! Who can cover these four long receivers. Foles is a great athlete.

Comment

Hasn't dropped one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
                            Dump a girl, lock up a ting, and then go back to the first girl for any reason.
                            IF SHE GIVES DECENT HEAD YOU DO. EVEN IF SHE DRIBBLES, I MEAN DROPS A FEW.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I'm not hating on it. It fills what is hopefully a short term need. I think you are right, too, that he is better when he is not supposed to be "the guy." He may actually fill in best after Jeffery returns (if they hold on to him).

Comment

Working...
                              X