Bryce Harper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryce Harper

Alot of smoke out there that he is going to be signing with the Phillies on Saturday. He needs to sign by this weekend with a team to fulfill his video game contract. Machado to the White Sox is also widely being reported as a strong rumor.

I'd rather have nobody than Machado.

Comment

I could live with this

Don’t want Machado, quite possibly MLB’s version of Albert Haynesworth.

Comment

why not both?

Also, nats have a payroll over 200 mil now. Not sure the Harper deal works for them

Comment

Not to be just the contrarian here, but.......

living where I do, between Bawlmawr and DC, I have had the opportunity to see both Manny and Wonder Boy Harper play many times.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Manny is the far better player. He is just more skilled in every facet of the game.

If you groove a pitch to Wonder Boy, he will hit it a long way. Otherwise, he's just another "good" ballplayer. Average fielder, above average arm, below average baseball IQ (watch him throw to the wrong base or make a base running gaffe). whichever team falls for Boras' bullshit and signs Wonder Boy to a huge contract will be regretting it for a long time.

Other than loafing it on ground balls, Manny is a terrific all around player. He's better than Harper in every category. The only question would be if Manny would play third for the Phils; otherwise he'd be no use.
          "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Once he gets paid, he will most likely be a different player here. After a few years, his contract will be an albatross. I'm not even sure I want them to overpay Harper but I'm very, very confident this will end ugly. What he's said and done on a contract year is enough for me. Trout is the only player that deserves an absurd contract at this point.

Comment

Trout......what a pipe dream!

But it sure is a beauty! How great to have the best player in baseball, baseball’s #1 Igglephan, playing for the Phils. Can’t you just see the OL in a field box cheering on Trout?

Some middle of the lineup........Hoskins, Machado, Trout, Seguera. I’d pay to see that!
              "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Video Game Contract?

Is a video game contract really going to force him to make what may be the biggest decision in his life (to date) this Saturday? I have to believe they can amend the video game contract to make his $300M+ decision first.

Comment

Level of agreement 100%.

You’ll like this. After Showalter got shitcanned I got in a flame war on Facenutz with a Orioles fan group who ran a post thanking Showalter. I commented that Showalter shouldn’t let the door hit him in the ass on the way out and good riddance. They went Stepford fan on me.

Showalter is a career under achiever. I never drank the Buck kool aid. They didn’t like when I said everywhere he managed before Baltimore they immediately won a Workd Series or multiple pennants after Buck was canned.

Comment

Working...
                  X