No announcement yet.

I Think The Eagles Will Give Them A Better Game This Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the Super Bowl win, the best I’ve ever felt after a win was after the six seed Eagles went to Vagiants Stadium and kick the first seed’s ass. I know it was in no small part due to revelling in the misery of Vagiants fans in Manhattan and New Jersey, but the audacity of 6 beating 1 in the playoffs was so sweet.

Comment

That was a decade ago to the day 1/11/09
      Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

All of the pressure is on the Saints. Anything less than a SB appearance for the Saints will be a huge disappointment for them. The Eagles have nothing to lose and Pederson can be as aggressive as he wants to be. The game is inside so no elements affect this game. The Saints defense isn’t anywhere near as good as the Bears. The reason no one could run against them is that teams were so far behind they just threw the ball. I think this game is a shootout with the Birds winning 38-31.

Comment

That win was a great feeling - 44-6 to get in and then that 2 weeks later, the window was closing(remember Bdawk breaking down emotional after the game) and it just felt like their year.

Comment

F Quinton Demps, F Kevin Curtis, and FFF.

Comment

Read an article about how the last play to Curtis would have been a clear PI these days ... I was screaming for it then.

I was at that Vagiant game the week before.

Memories:

Cold ass windy day ... seeing on the first series that Manning couldn't throw into the wind and commenting to my son that McNabb shouldn't have the same issues ... and feeling smart when he outplayed the Slack Jawed Yokel.

Weaving through morbid Vagiant fans to get close to the field where Dawkins was interacting with the Eagle fans ... that was fucking fun.
              Last edited by slag; 01-11-2019, 05:58 PM.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

That was awesome. And for the second time that season.

This one will take more mojo. Beating the Giants as the one seed was sweet, but they were a different team after Plaxico shot himself. This weekend we get the best team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
                  Nick Foles beat the GOAT on the best night of his career in the Super Bowl. This game is not as far out of the realm of possibilities as people are making it out to be.
                  If you watched how the Saints attack performed after they torched us you have to realize that this game is NOT a forgone conclusion. Dallas totally shut them down and even TB's porous D held them to six(?) points at the midway point in the 3rd qtr.

Nick needs to be BDN(not the guy in the 1st half last week) and our resurgent DL needs to be firing on all cylinders. Brees can look rather ordinary when he has guys in his face.

My brother, the Saints season ticket holder, is more than a little concerned how the Saints kinda limped into the post-season whereas the Birds are resurgent with BDN's return and the D returning to it's former self.

Gotta believe in the power of St Nick!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                    All of the pressure is on the Saints. Anything less than a SB appearance for the Saints will be a huge disappointment for them. The Eagles have nothing to lose and Pederson can be as aggressive as he wants to be. The game is inside so no elements affect this game. The Saints defense isn’t anywhere near as good as the Bears. The reason no one could run against them is that teams were so far behind they just threw the ball. I think this game is a shootout with the Birds winning 38-31.
                    I like your way of thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                      It may have to be a shootout if the Eagles are to win

One thing to keep mind is el hombe de oro, Golden Tate has had many big games in the Superdome. Tate has better chemistry with BDN (for obvious reasons) then with Wentx.
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                      X