Trust The Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust The Process

Get Hinkie start tanking again. This team is terminally flawed.

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
    Get Hinkie start tanking again. This team is terminally flawed.
    Don't be an asshole, it's only game one.

Comment

Yeah you’re CRAZY !
      Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
        Don't be an asshole, it's only game one.
        He's not wrong. The Fultz deal was a killer. Trading away all of their assets to win now, when they weren't anywhere close to being a legit title contender, and get two guys who can walk this off-season was even worse.

They were stupid, delusional, and impatient, and they have a mismatched, badly thrown together team as a result. The Sixers are an epic flameout waiting to happen. I wish it weren't so, but that's what I see.

Comment

Eh, we all know that. But Dumping everyone on the team in favor of ping pong balls is stupid.

Again, it's game one. See how the rest go. If it's bad, I think they dump Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
            Eh, we all know that. But Dumping everyone on the team in favor of ping pong balls is stupid.

Again, it's game one. See how the rest go. If it's bad, I think they dump Brown.
            I’m not advocating re-tanking. I just think it’s inevitable. This isn’t a smart organization.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
              I’m not advocating re-tanking. I just think it’s inevitable. This isn’t a smart organization.
              Agreed, they are a weird organization.

When a team rebuilds, with all the times they get to draft, how many bona fide all-stars would you expect? Two feels "reasonable" to me, and that's what they got. Plus with other assets they were able to get Butler and Harris. That being said, the team has never felt like they've come together. What's a reasonable amount of time to expect that to occur?

Comment

Depends on how the team's built, I guess. When you're selling out your future to bring in supposedly ready-made "stars" to win now, you don't get the same slack that an organic team of home-grown talent does. I think the reasonable expectation with this team was that they'd take a demonstrable step forward so they could sell those "stars" on coming back and finishing the job. I guess that could still happen, but it seems unlikely at this point.

Comment

Yep. The Process wasn’t the problem

The problem was missing on some player evaluations.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                    You mean like trading up for the number one overall and whiffing?

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                      You mean like trading up for the number one overall and whiffing?
                      Then trading that number one pick and whiffing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                        The problem was having Colangelo forced on them by the league at the most critical point of the rebuild. Hinkie was capable of making a bad pick (Okafor), but there's no way he would have made these cataclysmic blunders. He never would have been so reckless with the assets he worked so hard to acquire.

Comment

Harris should have told the NBA go fuck yourselves, I'm keeping Hinkie. He's a pussy.

The problem was having Colangelo forced on them by the league at the most critical point of the rebuild. Hinkie was capable of making a bad pick (Okafor), but there's no way he would have made these cataclysmic blunders. He never would have been so reckless with the assets he worked so hard to acquire.

Comment

Okafor right now looks like a slam dunk pick compared to Markelle. I think you all are being big giant babies. Simmons and Jojo are only in year 2 and they are already with 2 50 win teams and allstars. They should grow as players, the key is just making the right decisions with the rest of the roster. I don't expect them to win this series, Toronto is a really good team.

Comment

I'm not as down on this group as I guess others are. I think, if they want to stay here, the foursome of Embiid, Simmons, Harris and Butler is good enough to win. The potential is there with this group. We've all seen it. And we all roll our eyes at the "they haven't played together enough" line, but there's probably more truth there than any of us are willing to admit.

I think the bigger issue is the bench and it has been for years. They keep worrying about "star hunting" and ignoring the rest of the team. All they have on the bench are inadequate big men (except Boban) and guys who chuck up threes. There's nothing there that resembles a unit that can spell the starters on a championship team.
                              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                              X