now we see FF run the chiefs into the ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now we see FF run the chiefs into the ground

john dorsey leaves and FF agrees to give seattle a ONE AND A TWO and swap 3's for Frank Fucking Clark?!

WHAT????????????

I GUESS HE THOUGHT HE NEEDED A SEASONED PASS RUSHER WITH 32 SACKS IN THREE YEARS TO PUT HIM OVER THE TOP.

COULD HE HAVE DONE BETTER WITH THE 29TH FIRST ROUND PICK FOR PASS RUSHER?
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

It's Spagnuolo's call. Maybe he liked the known quantity there instead of taking a relative flyer on a draftee.

Comment

overpaid considering the $$$ they're gonna have to pay him moving forward.

seattle probably would have done the deal by thursday morning for a 2 and swapping the 3's when you consider the money he's gonna command.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
          john dorsey leaves and FF agrees to give seattle a ONE AND A TWO and swap 3's for Frank Fucking Clark?!

WHAT????????????
          Frank Clark is a really good base end.

I mean, if the eagles made a trade like that for Clowney I wouldn't have a problem with it.

He's a known commodity and is also known now as a complete player. Can rush the passer and play the run. In fact, I would love it if they went after him.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

he has been very good there.

but, you have to factor into the equation the costs from today forward for KC to keep him. They have to now pay him an absolute shit load of money from this point forward therefore you just don't have to give up that kind of draft capital to secure him, IMO.

seattle got their cake and ate it too.

Comment

I don't think it's a fleecing or anything. But at that price, they should have just kept Dee Ford and not given up the picks.

Comment

Must still be pissed

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                I don't think it's a fleecing or anything. But at that price, they should have just kept Dee Ford and not given up the picks.
                About that offside penalty on Ford.
                ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

You just have a hard-on that there was some football news. A team that needed a pass rusher traded for a good pass rusher. NBD.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

WHAT????????????
                    The guy wants 20 mil per season...insanity

Comment

FF gave up more than he needed to. seattle was up against a hard deadline. he caved and gave them more ammo than necessary. that's how i'm looking at it.

bill barnwell had a good write up on how badly they overpaid if you want to look that up on twitter. was gonna link it but don't see it on espn.com

edit: found it

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...g-signing-move
                      Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-24-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Reid is doing the opposite of what successful teams (including the Eagles) have started to do. As you and others have pointed out, the trend appears to be to let vets seeking a big contract walk or trade them and stockpile comp and other picks. Reid is giving up all of his picks to pay a d lineman. When is Mahomes's rookie deal up?
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

the chiefs will want to extend him before his deal is even close to up. every game he plays costs them more money. he's already likely guaranteed to be highest paid player in nfl history when he reupps.

just makes no sense to me to tie that much money into a veteran, lose valuable picks, and also throw away salary cap relief you could have used in a draft that is absolutely LOADED on DL.

now, seattle picks ahead of us and probably snatches up a DE that eagles may have wanted. Sounds more and more likely that Chris Long may not come back. that's a hole and depth issue now. DE is a huge need even if Long does return. He's only gonna play 1 more year even if he does return.

so, howlo will have to move ahead of seachickens now if that's the top priority in round 1. FF fucked us there.

I hope we end up with Dexter Lawrence at 25 though, personally. Best thing that could happen to interior of our DL and Fletcher Cox's career extends by a couple of seasons!
                          Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-24-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

IT FEELS LIKE HE'S GOING ALL IN TO WIN THIS THING THIS YEAR. HE WAS ONE OFFSIDE PENALTY FROM BEATING THE CHEATRIOTS.

AND WHY NOT, MAKE THE MOVES THAT FEELS RIGHT TO GO TO ATLANTA.
                            Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 04-24-2019, 02:00 PM.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                            X