Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facts

They won the super bowl last year for the first time with a backup QB

Many of the players in that game needed surgery but played.

In the short off season they had to get surgery and were not able to have a normal OTA schedule

They lost their OC way past the time most teams and had limited options to replace him.

The had a non football related injury to a key defensive lineman.

The QB could not have a real off season and missed all of the pre season and first two regular season games.

They had no reciever’s in the first two weeks

They beat a serious contender in the opening game while really short handed by injury and suspension. Giving us all another great night.

They lost a couple of RB’s in the first three weeks including the main guy.

They had to make a stupid trip to London.

They have lost almost every member of the secondary this season and have not played consecutive games with the same defensive backfield.

They lost last year’s number one pick and a huge part of the SB win who was expected to play a major role in the pass rush rotation.

They got toasted by a good team on the road with a defense full of players who were not on the roster three weeks ago. BTW the same team that toasted the Rams.

We think they are 4-6 because they don’t care and the coaches have become inept in nine months.

I’m sure others could add more.

I don’t know, I think I’m going to cut them some slack and say sometimes it is not your year. That said, a division win would still be fun. Nothing is going to replace how happy I was when they won and giving me the ability to watch highlights from last season for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by 1960; 11-19-2018, 09:34 PM.

I wrote in another thread that it’s tough to win when you have injuries concentrated in one or two areas. You can replace 1 QB, 1 OL, 1 RB, 1 S, 1 PK—but you can’t replace 3/4 of your DBs at once, or 2 of your key receivers, or 2 of your RBs, etc. The salary cap won’t let you.

Comment

I agree. It's just been a shit show all year. I know I shouldn't be but I'm actually surprised at all the pitchfork mobs coming out It's not our year, go shine the trophy in the off-season and come back healthy and hungry next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
        I agree. It's just been a shit show all year. I know I shouldn't be but I'm actually surprised at all the pitchfork mobs coming out It's not our year, go shine the trophy in the off-season and come back healthy and hungry next year.
        ... with a weaker schedule too

Comment

I wonder what saints fans thought when Payton and brees went 7-9 three years straight? Obv it hasn't gone well this year but Doug has earned some grace. Imagine how bad all of this would be if we lost 52

Comment

I've thought the same thing about Payton numerous times. Also imagine when they missed the playoffs in 07-08, and when he was suspended for the 2012 season. It's a little different because Payton always showed the ability to coach an offense, but if he were here people would call him a one-trick pony whose offense killed the defense.

Also imagine what Steelers fans thought when they missed the playoffs following each of their most recent SBs, and Giants fans 08-10 and 12-15, and Broncos fans after 2015, and Ravens fans after 2012, and even Pats fans when Brady and Belichick went 10 years without an SB.

This year has been bad, but by this standard, every coach sucks.

Comment

I'm not upset

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
              just disappointed. I'd still like to see them make the playoffs.

I actually won't feel bad about pulling for the FF this year. I'd be happy if he crushed the pats and beat either the lambs or taints - I know this won't happen because he's still FF tho.
              Last edited by JuTMSY4; 11-20-2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

I actually won't feel bad about pulling for the FF this year. I'd be happy if he crushed the pats and beat either the lambs or taints - I know this won't happen because he's still FF tho.
                This is about where I am.

Not sure if I can root for FF though, 'cos he squandered so much with the Eagles during his time here. That being said I hate his possible opponents more than I hate his tenure with the Eagles. Maybe it wasn't all FF's fault.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

Im pulling for the Chiefs the rest of the way once the Eagles are inevitably eliminated. Im fully aware of his short comings in Philly but he deserves it.

However, I know he will blow it and this season belongs to the Saints.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    This is about where I am.

Not sure if I can root for FF though, 'cos he squandered so much with the Eagles during his time here. That being said I hate his possible opponents more than I hate his tenure with the Eagles. Maybe it wasn't all FF's fault.
                    This is where I am too. I didn't realistically expect a repeat this year, but I at least wanted to see them in the playoffs. I'm still hoping that they win the next 3, but if they don't I won't be calling for anyone's head (except for maybe Groh).

I'm rooting for FF, if for no other reason than that I've found the Pederson and FF comparisons very frustrating. For all of FF's faults, people talk about him as if he has trouble dressing himself in the morning. If Mike McCarthy, who actually is a bad coach, can ride a QB to a title, so can FF.

Comment

I think most sentient fans consider Reid to be an outstanding coach six days a week but that, as we have known practically from the beginning, his problem is Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                      X