Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you give up Wentz for a Lombardi this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you give up Wentz for a Lombardi this season?

Purely hypothetical. If the Supreme Being (that's 91D) granted the Eagles a guaranteed Super Bowl win this year in exchange for trading Wentz to Jax for Fournette and a couple firsts, would you sign in blood on the dotted line?
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

How could you not?

I assume we keep Nick?

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
      How could you not?

I assume we keep Nick?
      Guess that depends on the money if he goes free agent. Most likely.

Comment

absolutely. franchise elite qb's (rodgers, brees, wilson) are no guarantee to multiple rings (wentz is not elite right now).

getting 2 rings out of foles would be worth trading any player.

not to mention once you give your qb a big deal you enter cap purgatory and become lions and flacons where you pay elite $ to a non-elite qb.
        Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          Purely hypothetical. If the Supreme Being (that's 91D) granted the Eagles a guaranteed Super Bowl win this year in exchange for trading Wentz to Jax for Fournette and a couple firsts, would you sign in blood on the dotted line?
          There is no player on any Philly team I wouldn’t give up for that year’s title. Not a one, if it was guaranteed.

Comment

wait

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
            There is no player on any Philly team I wouldn’t give up for that year’s title. Not a one, if it was guaranteed.
            we also get fournette and a couple 1s? Where do I sign?

Anyone who says no, hasn't been here long enough.

Also, I'm on the "Carson has been hurt all season and will be the starter in 2019 w/o reservations" side of any "debate." But titles >> players any time - Bardy is dead on.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

Also, I'm on the "Carson has been hurt all season and will be the starter in 2019 w/o reservations" side of any "debate." But titles >> players any time - Bardy is dead on.
              No concern that Carson could establish a five ring dynasty a la Tom Brady?

What about without the two ones? Carson just walks.

Comment

I would trade Carson to Jax for Fournette and a couple of firsts with no guarantee of a Lombardi this year.

Edit: If we win a Lombardi this year, we're already much closer to a five ring dynasty than any other team in the NFL. And then we get extra first round picks plus a player? That is the best way to win 3 more rings over the following 10 years. If Foles wins another SB, he's an HOFer. It would be a pretty easy decision to roll with an HOF QB and take those extra picks.

It's not even a question. I think a better debate would be how far does Foles have to go in order to consider trading Wentz. I'd say he needs to win one playoff game and at least play well in another.
                Last edited by art vandelay; 12-26-2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Even with a big win in Washington, I don't think the Eagles are making the playoffs at all (highly unlikely Bears win Sunday). That's not Foles fault so then what? How can this decision be made then if Foles never got the chance?

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

100% agree

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      I think a better debate would be how far does Foles have to go in order to consider trading Wentz. I'd say he needs to win one playoff game and at least play well in another.
                      Except this isn't a debate. No Supreme Being is offering this deal.

If the Eagles make the playoffs, they will win at least one game. But whatever happens Carson isn't going anywhere. Unless he decides to.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                        Even with a big win in Washington, I don't think the Eagles are making the playoffs at all (highly unlikely Bears win Sunday). That's not Foles fault so then what? How can this decision be made then if Foles never got the chance?
                        Seen plenty of both of them to have an opinion. Sounds like you're a Foles guy.

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

much harder

No concern that Carson could establish a five ring dynasty a la Tom Brady?

What about without the two ones? Carson just walks.
                            Carson is way more talented than Foles, but sometimes that just makes Doug try to have him do more. Plus, Carson seems to put himself at greater risk.

Even so, 2 Rings with BDN is a hard sell for me. The harder part is that the 2019 squad is going to look at lot different than the 2017-18 vintages. Can Nick recreate the magic with that team?
                            Last edited by JuTMSY4; 12-27-2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X