The best thing we have going for us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best thing we have going for us

is Kirk Cousins in a late season, must-win game. With the way this season has been going for us, I'm sure he'll throw for 400 and 3 TD's but, historically speaking, he's certainly no Nick Foles.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

you left out.......

the Picks and the two Fumbles.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Maybe 3 picks and one fumble.
      And - GO BEARS!

Comment

Think the Birds are doomed.... Bears don't have enough to play for and are on the road... if it was in Chicago I think its a 50/50 game but I think the Vikings will win rather easily which sucks bc this team has been playing really well with Foles... Can't blow multiple games up 14+ points in the 4th quarter

Comment

Don't have enough to play for? Really? So the bye week means nothing? If anything else ANY sport teaches us is that nothing is set in stone. That's why they play the games--just look at the Eagles this year--underdogs by 13.5 on the road to the Rams; only 1.5 point favorites to Houston at home and they won both games. Plus, I'm not so sure that the Bears want to play a division rival 2 weeks in a row.

Comment

Bears also don't have complete control:

If the Seahawks lose (who have essentially nothing to play for) and the Bears lose, they actually play the Seahawks.

Similarly, even if they beat the Vikings, the Eagles still need to win. I think you play out the string until the conclusion is obvious enough, but I don't expect the bears to be exotic - they may not need to be.

Comment

Regardless of any other outcome, pulverizing Washington would be nice.

Comment

We lose on Sunday, everybody has been living in the matrix.
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Shhhhh. That seems to have been overlooked all week.

Comment

It’s really the only thing we have going for us tomorrow.

Comment

Well if they lose to a team that’s on its 4th QB and cut one of its best defensive players they don’t deserve to go to the playoffs. But like I said—anything can happen.
                      Last edited by bobbyuk; 12-29-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I'd feel better if Nagy were saying something more convincing than "we're planning to win regardless of who plays." He's not going to risk injury to a key player if the Rams are blowing out the 49ers. I think he's also keeping the game plan vanilla in case he pulls his starters and then the Vikes win the game.

Kirk Cousins record against winning teams would hold more weight if we knew that Chicago was treating this like a normal game. But if Chase Daniel ends up playing...I mean Cousins isn't that bad. He even beat us in one of those de facto NFC title games once.
                        Last edited by art vandelay; 12-29-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X