None of this matters if Doug doesnt call 2 fades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• None of this matters if Doug doesnt call 2 fades

I hate the fade. It is the lowest percentage play in football.

Offense is driving. Dougie takes his shot on a fade with 50 seconds left. Incomplete.

This is followed by an 8 yard completion to the middle of the field. The team lets almost 30 seconds run off the clock. Apparently they're intent on scoring with no time left. All that time, and instead of going to the middle of the field again, where Ertz killed Tennessee all day, they run another fade.

Fucking terrible. Such a waste of 30 seconds. If Doug was so worried about scoring too fast, why call fades to the end zone on first and third down? He also got EXTREMELY lucky when the defense held with 1:58 left. Not calling a TO with 2:40+ left allowed the Titans to throw on second down, and they took advantage of the soft D for 6 yards.

I don’t get 4 things that happened—

1. Three times in the first half when they reached the 50 or just in Titan territory, he ignores the run.
    2. Where was Adams in this game?
    3. Why on 4th and 16 or whatever is Darby giving up a 12 yard cushion and then actually backing up to give MORE cushion?
    4. Why wasn’t Wentz calling more audibles. On at least 3 of his sacks you could see extra rushers coming. I’m amazed HE didn’t see them.

Comment

Agreed to all, and then some.
      Allowing 3 4th down successes by your opponent in OT is inexcusable.

Comment

Two things:

I think it never hurts to score whenever.

Perhaps N. Foles is a better QB than many give him credit.

I think Wentz is a good QB.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

That's 4 things..

nm

Comment

Working...
          X