OT new phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT new phone

So zubaz has had his android samsung S5 for 4+ years.It still works. Pretty slow, screen flickers. Thinking of getting new one. This is going to die on me at somepoint.
    I even thought about switching to iphone. But have had android since they made them.
    Any suggestions??? Thanks.

Avoid the dongle

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
    So zubaz has had his android samsung S5 for 4+ years.It still works. Pretty slow, screen flickers. Thinking of getting new one. This is going to die on me at somepoint.
    I even thought about switching to iphone. But have had android since they made them.
    It's a minor thing, but it's a pain.
    DB

Comment

Don’t take my word for it, ask Trogdor. He is a PC loyalist and Apple resistor, yet a happy iPhone user.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        Don’t take my word for it, ask Trogdor. He is a PC loyalist and Apple resistor, yet a happy iPhone user.
        That's like me. I use PCs at home and at work. No Apple computers, which is strange because I kinda am well versed on what their operating system is based on. I think it is because I know the Windows interface better.

But a phone is different. I like my iPhone. My first smartphone was an Android but the second was an iPhone and have never considered changing since. I have lots of friends who have Android phones and love them.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

SAMSUNG INTENSITY SLIDE PHONE YO. THAT'S THE SHIT.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
            Toss-up. I'd stay Android for price and since you already know it.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/android-vs-ios/
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I switched to IPhone as well and won’t go back.

I have the 8+ like you and love it.

It’s a man sized phone.

Maybe the x phones have the extra bling, put the screen and keyboard are not bigger than the 8+.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                I switched to IPhone as well and won’t go back.

I have the 8+ like you and love it.

It’s a man sized phone.

Maybe the x phones have the extra bling, put the screen and keyboard are not bigger than the 8+.
                I like the wireless charging. I just bought a new desk lamp that has a wireless charging pad built in. Of course plenty of android phones offer wireless charging as well.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

If you're not a big tech guy, the iphone is just easier to use/intuitive. Android phones offer far more after-market parts, customization, etc, so if you're a little inclined, it can be better. The price is a little better on most android phones as well and they're probably more powerful to the extent that matters.

But iphones have ubiquity and every other person has one, so they have their own staying power. Since phones are not basically disconnected to PCs/computers, having a mac computer or PC is irrelevant to the phone.

Comment

I've been an iphone guy for most of my cell phone carrying life (started with the 3GS), and I'm used to the interface and the consistency of operation. I'm not fanatical about it, but I am amused about folks who are zealots about their relative phone camps. Whatever works for you and gets the job done, great.

That said, I have heard more people bitching about a variety of issues with their Android phones, so be sure that you're getting the features and reliability that you need before you pull the trigger.

Comment

yeah, this is a good assessment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                      I've been an iphone guy for most of my cell phone carrying life (started with the 3GS), and I'm used to the interface and the consistency of operation. I'm not fanatical about it, but I am amused about folks who are zealots about their relative phone camps. Whatever works for you and gets the job done, great.

That said, I have heard more people bitching about a variety of issues with their Android phones, so be sure that you're getting the features and reliability that you need before you pull the trigger.
                      iphones are pretty much all the same (by model). If you have the "newest iphone" generally it's one of maybe 3 phones. Even so, they all work the same. However, they have internal batteries and apple controls their apps, all parts, repairs, etc.

Because android phones are opened up to the market, you get a pretty big variety and some market information is lost there. However, tech folks also can usually find the phone that works best for them specifically rather than the 1 size fits all iphone.

To each is own, ultimately, but I tell people who aren't into tech at all that the iphone tends to be the better choice because "it just works" (and it pretty much does).

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                        That's like me. I use PCs at home and at work. No Apple computers, which is strange because I kinda am well versed on what their operating system is based on. I think it is because I know the Windows interface better.

But a phone is different. I like my iPhone. My first smartphone was an Android but the second was an iPhone and have never considered changing since. I have lots of friends who have Android phones and love them.
                        Im the same way, my iphone is the only Apple product I own. I did an android phone once and hated it, I also own a samsung galaxy that I got for deployments just so you could watch media from an external hard drive and I never use it anymore. iOS is 1000x more user friendly and its just better IMO, people who fan boy Android just like it because you can customize it more and Im not sure why that is super important with a phone.

I do like the Google Pixel phone though, if I had to own an android phone that the one Id go with.
                        Last edited by broadstreetparade; 08-06-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Just got a Samsung S9 - great phone
                          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Working...
                          X