@ 22-23 if Dougie had gone for it and not made it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ 22-23 if Dougie had gone for it and not made it

do you think it would have been a better decision?? I mean they might have pick it up, we'll never know. But I think in this situation,,,,,Might have been the call.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

I thought he might do it when the foul on the PAT would have moved it to the 1.5
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
      do you think it would have been a better decision?? I mean they might have pick it up, we'll never know. But I think in this situation,,,,,Might have been the call.
      No. OT was the right decision. But I knew they were fkked when they lost the coin toss.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

yeah being retrospecticus OT seems like the better shot,,but the Dee gave its

last breath stopping them in Reg...so maybe trying for 2 was the only way to win,,,they had plenty of chances to get off the field today and just don't have the players to do it...
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Winning the OT coin flip would have been nice.

Comment

NFL overtime rules suck.
            ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              Winning the OT coin flip would have been nice.
              Wondering if that was rigged too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
                NFL overtime rules suck.
                Unfortunately so does the Eagles secondary.

Comment

No. There was too much time left.

The decision I was really iffy on was accepting the hold following Cox's sack. I thought that 3rd and 12 was better than 2nd and 10, even if Dallas ended up getting the FG. IMO if you hold the opponent to an FG to open OT, it's almost better than winning the coin toss because you know how you have to approach the last possession.

Comment

it doesn't make sense

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
                    NFL overtime rules suck.
                    They changed the rule several years ago to allow a game not to be decided by the coin toss vis a vis a game winning FG. Then they reduce the time to 10 minutes for some reason. No excuse for giving up an 8+ minute drive, but the NFL continues to do dumb things

Comment

Working...
                    X