Golden State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    Perhaps from pre-1980, but not after. Celtics, Showtime Lakers, Bad Boys, Bulls, Spurs, Kobe-Shaq Lakers. I honestly can't think of a better roster. There are a few that give me pause. It's certainly debatable.

EDIT - I'll defer to you old farts on the Russell Celtics and those teams.

EDIT AGAIN - Ok, maybe the '87-'88 Lakers was better. Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Byron Scott, AC Green. That's pretty good haha.
    Kareem was 39 years old though. Who would he have guarded on Golden State? That Lakers team wouldn't have the shooting to compete. Warriors in 4.

Comment

San San Te and any 4 guys off the street...
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I just saw a tweet which reminded me that Stern once blocked that Chris Paul trade because he thought it would make the Lakers too good. How the times have changed.

It doesn't bother me all that much. I'll watch regardless. I'm mostly annoyed that all the good non-Sixers basketball is going to be out West and I can never stay up to watch haha.
        He blocked a trade. This was a FA signing. Very different.

Comment

Yeah, I understand that. I think the point is that Stern was actively concerned about parity whereas Silver isn't at all.

Comment

Good call. It's tough. No way Lakers win in 4 haha. I'd give a slight edge to this GS lineup.

Comment

No good Little Guy, you’re comparing apples to oranges

yes, it’s undisputed that GS is the Super team of this boring 3 point shot or dunk era.

Now let’s take away the 3 pointer and play some real basketball. Now the Showtime Lakers, Bird’s Celtics, Moses’ 76ers blow these prissy horse players right off the court.

I know I’m in a large minority, but I don’t even understand all the interest in the game today. To me, it’s just a three point borefest.
              "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Lakers fans out here love to bring that up

I just saw a tweet which reminded me that Stern once blocked that Chris Paul trade because he thought it would make the Lakers too good. How the times have changed.
                What everyone forgets is that the NBA owned the Hornets at the time and Chris Paul was their biggest asset. You don't trade away your biggest asset when you're trying to sell the team.

The problem with the NBA is max contracts and the soft cap.

Comment

Yep...

It's the max contracts. Unlimit the amount that players can sign for. If superstars can only earn so much, they can join and form super teams. Let them earn as much as they can and stars will disperse. It would hurt the middle class of the league.

They could at least make the supermax available only when a playe resigns with his team for a minimum of 5 years. It needs to be incentivized for star players to stay. That, or put in a franchise tag. It would take a long lockout to get this into the next CBA but it would be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                  X