Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many guys from this run make the Eagles HOF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many guys from this run make the Eagles HOF?

BDN
    Cox
    Wentz
    Jenkins?
    Peters
    I’m sure many of you want Ertz

It’s a lot less crowded if they do the right thing and bring down the #5 banner
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Kelce is an icon

Graham and Lane deserve strong consideration to go along with you list
    Last edited by Drama Queen; 10-15-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

If BDN has exhibits in the actual HOF for the Raiders game and Pro Bowl MVP, there should be a Philly Special section in the Eagles HOF for BDN/Clement/Burton.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

One way or another, BDN is in the Hall of Fame.

I tend to agree with the notion that McNabb's number should not have been retired. At the very least move that banner to the side. I can't see it from where my seats are. so I don't know where it is placed right now.

Another problem with retiring these numbers is eventually you will run out of numbers.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

List of Eagles retired numbers

Number Player Position Years
          5 Donovan McNabb Quarterback 1999-2009
          15 Steve Van Buren Halfback 1944-1951
          20 Brian Dawkins Safety 1996-2008
          40 Tom Brookshier Cornerback 1953-1961
          44 Pete Retzlaff Running back, wide receiver, tight end 1956-1966
          60 Chuck Bednarik Linebacker, center 1949-1962
          70 Al Wistert Offensive tackle 1943-1951
          92 Reggie White Defensive end 1985-1992
          99 Jerome Brown Defensive tackle 1987-1991

I would say Dawkins and White deserve retired numbers. These are the players on this list who I saw play. Jerome Brown probably deserves it but my feeling about that is partially driven by the fact he did not get the chance to realize his full potential.

The older players probably deserve it, but I did not see them play so I feel disqualified for comment on them. Bednarik is simply legendary so I am comfortable with retiring his number.

Who am I leaving out?
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
            BDN
            Cox
            Wentz
            Jenkins?
            Peters
            I’m sure many of you want Ertz

It’s a lot less crowded if they do the right thing and bring down the #5 banner
            Reno Mahe

Comment

A number of players could

I don't think an Eagles HOF requires their number to be retired. For example, Westbrook. So there are a number of players who meet that criteria:

D. Barnett: he could have a long career with the Eagles
              Clement: same
              J. Hicks: if injury issues don't stop him first
              All of the above would need at least one pro bowl season to merit consideration.

A. Jeffrey: a few more seasons with his level of production and he would be a lock

N. Bradham: he is on the bubble, but he would need to be on the team for another 3-4 years for consideration along with pro bowl consideration

I don't remember if the team has inducted assistant coaches. JJ would have been done posthumously. Duce Staley is a consideration if you can combine player and coaching contributions.

Comment

Alshon for sure .... guy's a stud

Comment

Retired numbers is far more exclusive than Eagles HOF. Hell, Sonny Jurgensen is in the Eagles HOF. McNabb is obvious for the Eagles HOF since Randall and Jaws are there. Don't think his number should have been retired.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                  X