Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today should have been a W. Here is my take on the problems

and the reasons the Eagles lost.

1: They are beaten up in the defensive backfield. I understand the complaints about Mills, but let's face it... he was intended as a backup player and he is playing to that level.

2. We all know this one... lack of depth at RB. I think Smallwood and Clement are good in an RB by committee scheme. Problem is they need a 3rd RB.

3. DL. The Eagles have not gotten enough out of the DL this year. Last year they feasted. Again, injuries.

4. Wentz simply didn't make a play when he needed to at the end of the game.

I'm not going to complain about Gomer yet, but I think some of the individual units can perform better.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I hate complaining about Wentz, because he was very good today. But that was McNabb-esque at the end
    Last edited by dev_32; 10-21-2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

really?

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      and the reasons the Eagles lost.

I'm not going to complain about Gomer yet, but I think some of the individual units can perform better.
      I start with coaching. Schwartz had an abysmal second half. D lines are supposed to feast on late and longs and this defense looked more like 2016 than 2017.

Doug was incredibly vanilla and then shied away from the run on 3rd and 4th and 2. I thought Smallwood and Adams were getting gashes at various times and both were running super hard, if nothing else. It's also not helping the line that he's moving away from running the ball.

Wentz had a mediocre finish too. I still think he's gearing up - he hasn't had the same athletic flash - he may never have it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
        Doug was incredibly vanilla and then shied away from the run on 3rd and 4th and 2. I thought Smallwood and Adams were getting gashes at various times and both were running super hard, if nothing else. It's also not helping the line that he's moving away from running the ball.
        I think those short yardage calls were RPOs so it's on somewhat on Wentz to work more runs into the mix. I suppose Doug could call the runs but Carson should be able to make the best decision at the LOS. He was doing that last year.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          I start with coaching. Schwartz had an abysmal second half. D lines are supposed to feast on late and longs and this defense looked more like 2016 than 2017.

Wentz had a mediocre finish too. I still think he's gearing up - he hasn't had the same athletic flash - he may never have it this year.
          agree 100% - but I give Wentz some as well as he is able to change plays at the LOS and could have run the ball if he wanted

Comment

Working...
          X