Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell to the Jets apparently

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...s-4-years-525m
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Turned down a better deal in Pittsburgh, no? Must really want to live elsewhere and get his music ramped up in NYC.

All the “experts“ claim NYJ were only team serious about adding him and bidding against themselves at the end.

Comment

DumbBell

Yup. We all know running backs typically have a short shelf life in the NFL. This dope took a year off to make less money on the Jets. Another selfish player that only cares about money not winning.

Comment

Did he get more guaranteed money, as someone in a separate thread on this below indicated?
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I only read the rumors of Pittsburgh paying up to $70m with a guarantee of $33m (versus $35m). Regardless, he took a year off, lost another $14m guaranteed, and now isn't better off. Now he has to hope the Jets' offensive line is comparable to the Steelers' line. Not likely.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...-the-steelers/
          Last edited by Snakebitten; 03-13-2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

the only bone I'll pick is

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
            I only read the rumors of Pittsburgh paying up to $70m with a guarantee of $33m (versus $35m). Regardless, he took a year off, lost another $14m guaranteed, and now isn't better off. Now he has to hope the Jets' offensive line is comparable to the Steelers' line. Not likely.
            the 14 million required playing which meant the subsequent 35 million guaranteed wasn't really guaranteed at that point. I don't think anyone can point to an exact value except the steelers.

Comment

He took a year off and is now trying to extend his career behind an offensive line that went from one of the best to one of the worst. There is not a worst position to take a year off than running back. While we will never know how it would have turned out in Pittsburgh, I think he bet on himself and lost.

Comment

Banner was beating that drum all season. But the point is, by playing last year, you don't know if he would have guaranteed himself 49 mil total. Plus, the Steelers offer would have encompassed last year's money.

I think his best play would have been a hold out until just before he wouldn't get credit for the season and go from there. But who knows.

Certainly, if he's in a better position right now, it's not by much.

Comment

and also the risk of blowing out his knee and getting zero now.
                  On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                    Certainly, if he's in a better position right now, it's not by much.
                    Since we won't know how it would have turned out in Pittsburgh, we will agree to disagree on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                      They offered him the contract before the season started last year.

Comment

right

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                        right, that's part of the problem.

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                        They offered him the contract before the season started last year.
                        True, except in that scenario, the 14 mil tag number isn't there, so it's closer to 19 mil guaranteed going into 2019.

I'm not saying Bell played it right or that you're wrong, it's that there is another factor missing (or 2) that's not being calculated. Like I said, the right play would have been playing from week 10 (I think that's the right time) forward, collecting the ~6 mil and then going into FA this offseason. However, even that might have damaged his overall value. It's impossible to say with certainty.

Comment

Working...
                        X