Gabe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabe

Did not like the hire from the start. Man was I ever wrong!

jesus you picked a bad night to post this

Comment

Actually I blame Klentak more than I do Kapler for the last 4 games especially. The 2 areas that they needed to shore up were to get a bat and to get some relief pitching. They got a couple of bats but really did nothing about the BP and there were guys out there that wouldn't have cost this team an arm and a leg in prospects. Heck they could have picked up another starter and put either Pivetta or Velasquez in the pen.

Comment

I could bitch about

failures due to new school tactics etc.

But anyone who has played sports knows that sometimes it comes down to the fact that it

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Looks like it’s just you and me slaggo

Gabe just plain sucks balls. Last night’s horrible loss is all on him.

1. His cutesy lineup with the pitcher batting eight.

2. Letting Eflin bat in the 4th when everyone and their grandmother knew for sure that he wouldn’t be able to finish the 5th on the mound. Goodbye rally.

3. Sending out a team night after night that doesn’t know the basics of the game.

4. Not going to the mound in the 9th to talk to your rookie closer, telling him to pitch around Zimmerman, who is hot right now, with the stiff Weiters on deck.

5. Oh, and nice shift for Harper.

Daffy Duck would be a suitable replacement for this analytic douchebag.
          Last edited by Overbrook; 08-23-2018, 08:29 AM.
          "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Unfortunately, Gabe Kwon Do is merely one part of MLB's New School On The Block dipshit plague... and I don't give a damn if we sound like a Mr. Wilson yelling at Dennis to get the fuck off his lawn.

Comment

Something different slaggo

I’m having breakfast and reading the Post and I happen to see that this absurd match between Tiger and the Inside Trader on Thanksgiving is pay for view!

So, you gonna pony up for this borefest?
              "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Fuck no

I don't think anyone's going to buy that shit

I'd watch it for free though

Comment

This is just about over as Atlanta plays Miami 4 games. They could have a 5 game or more lead by the end of the weekend and the Phils are not good enough to put together enough wins to overcome that deficit.

Comment

what?

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                    really did nothing about the BP and there were guys out there that wouldn't have cost this team an arm and a leg in prospects. Heck they could have picked up another starter and put either Pivetta or Velasquez in the pen.
                    I actually felt they needed a starter, but they did add the the Pen on top of activating Neshek. But is there an example of a BP pitcher who wouldn't have cost a lot?

They made a lot of short term moves without long term cost - I'm good with what Klentak did. This team is ahead of schedule.

Comment

We've literally been through this before

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                      This is just about over as Atlanta plays Miami 4 games. They could have a 5 game or more lead by the end of the weekend and the Phils are not good enough to put together enough wins to overcome that deficit.
                      c'mon man!

Comment

This is hindsight but Cole continues to pitch well when not in Texas and he's gotten an extra boost from a change of scenery. His numbers weren't even better than Pivetta's at the deadline but now it looks like it'd be nice to have him.

I don't think this is on Gabe or Klentak. The team somehow won a lot earlier without being very good. Even with what seems like a high number of ridiculous losses, their record is better than what their run differential would suggest. Two good starters and no hitting. Not a great formula for success.

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                          This is hindsight but Cole continues to pitch well when not in Texas and he's gotten an extra boost from a change of scenery. His numbers weren't even better than Pivetta's at the deadline but now it looks like it'd be nice to have him.

I don't think this is on Gabe or Klentak. The team somehow won a lot earlier without being very good. Even with what seems like a high number of ridiculous losses, their record is better than what their run differential would suggest. Two good starters and no hitting. Not a great formula for success.
                          Hamels had such strong away splits, it was obvious if you were willing to pay the cost. I think you can blame Klentak for not having the foresight to understand his young guys would start running out of gas around now.

But as it relates to the second point, I agree. Still ahead of schedule and the team has still been extraordinarily lucky all things considered.

Comment

since they were winning because of their pitching, i liked the marginal moves that klentak made to improve the offense. carrera, ramos, and even bour. they all seemed like smart moves to improve the offense after deciding not to give up to much for machado, which was also the right move.

anyway, the phillies blew two games before a matchup against scherzer. is it just me or would it be the most phillies thing ever to lose this with nola going like 8 innings and giving up 1 run, maybe unearned?

Comment

ok holy shit odubel that was awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X