IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 03-04-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
Eagle In Ohio

Eagle In Ohio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ok, the initial shock has worn off

but I still am convinced that the Eagles got fleeced in this deal. There's no way that this is the absolute best deal that Chip could have gotten for Shady, and if it WAS the best deal available, then you don't pull the trigger. Period. Personally, I'm not even entertaining that deal if Buffalo isn't willing to include their second rounder. Did Chip even ASK Buffalo for picks ? Sorry, but LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonso straight up isn't even close to equal. I wonder if Rex is sitting back laughing his ass of right now.
Unread 03-04-2015, 11:55 AM   #2
TRENT

TRENT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default If their goal is MM and we got picks I would be more understanding

that I could understand,,,Chipper wants to be the next Bilicheat,,he see's Bill win with a great Qb, and just about anyone at WR or RB...they pick up Blount and boom,,,Ring,, So in his mind he wants to put the $$$$$ at QB and Offensive and Defensive Line..

Still this was the best you could get for a top 5 RB most rushing yards in the NFL over the last 5 years??? 26 YO no less.
Unread 03-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #3
Maniac

Maniac is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
but I still am convinced that the Eagles got fleeced in this deal. There's no way that this is the absolute best deal that Chip could have gotten for Shady, and if it WAS the best deal available, then you don't pull the trigger. Period. Personally, I'm not even entertaining that deal if Buffalo isn't willing to include their second rounder. Did Chip even ASK Buffalo for picks ? Sorry, but LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonso straight up isn't even close to equal. I wonder if Rex is sitting back laughing his ass of right now.
Twenty minutes start to finish. Apparently not much negotiating involved.

Http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n=Twitter_news
Unread 03-04-2015, 12:24 PM  
Posted in reply to Maniac's post starting "Twenty minutes start to finish. ..."
Dim Bulb

Dim Bulb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sickening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post

I mean, sickening.
Unread 03-04-2015, 12:29 PM  
RSE
Seņor Counsel

Here's how the phone call went.

Chip: Rex, would you give us Alonso for McCoy?

Rex: McCoy who?

Chip: You know, our running back.

Rex: Lesean McCoy?

Chip: Yeah. Could we get Kiki Alonso for him?

Rex: Could you hold on for a minute?

(Rex puts speaker on mute while Bills front office personnel laugh and giggle like little schoolgirls.)

Rex: I think I could get Terry and Kim to sign off on that. But no draft pick?

Chip: I wasn't asking for a draft pick too.

Rex: I meant for us, from you.

Chip: I don't think I can get Jeff to let me throw in a pick too.

Rex: Its a deal. You drive a hard bargain, Chip.

Last edited by RSE; 03-04-2015 at 12:30 PM.
RSE is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 12:37 PM  
Eagle In Ohio

Default and he didn't even ASK for picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post

Unbelievable.
Unread 03-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #7
KenfromCanada

I have been listening to a few different opinions on the satelite radio this am on NFL, ESPN and Schein on Mad Dog and most of the opinons are that the Eagles made a good trade. I think that Shady had lost his top end quickness and that he is a player with diminishing skills. Honestly RB is the easiest and cheapest position going now. Not sure that we are going to get a 2000 yd back, but 1200-1500 is available and affordable. I personally would like to see a more physical back so we can score on the goal line instead of bouncing around trying to find a hole to hit.

Time will tell if this is a good trade and whether Chip survives this controversial move.

Robin Williams
KenfromCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 01:21 PM  
Posted in reply to KenfromCanada's post starting "I have been listening to a few..."
TRENT

TRENT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Its what Im hearing too

I posted earlier about his Td's 5 all last year. Chip see's this as a chance to improve his goal line offense at a much reduced price.
Unread 03-04-2015, 01:35 PM  
Posted in reply to KenfromCanada's post starting "I have been listening to a few..."
BirdBrawn

Default The offense is designed for a one cut back

Shady's a 5 cut back.
BirdBrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #10
Greenstealth

Default it's not that hard to comprehend

Quote:
Rb isn't worth 10,000,000 in chips offense. You guys seem to think other teams should be fighting each other for the chance to pay a rb 10mil. They will get incredibly similar production from that position for a fraction of the price. I don't like seeing mccoy go but it makes sense.
Greenstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 01:38 PM   #11
JuTMSY4

Default yeah but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstealth View Post
Rb isn't worth 10,000,000 in chips offense. You guys seem to think other teams should be fighting each other for the chance to pay a rb 10mil. They will get incredibly similar production from that position for a fraction of the price. I don't like seeing mccoy go but it makes sense.
they cut desean jackson for nothing!!!!
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #12
Eagle In Ohio

Default No, it doesn't make sense

Quote:
From the angle that you got nowhere near what you gave up in return. You got a LB with one year of actual playing experience, coming of of an ACL tear, and he's had problems with his hip. Guys get traded all the time, but it's in the team's best interest to get the most you can when you trade RB coming off of 1,600 and 1,300 YARD seasons.
Unread 03-04-2015, 01:58 PM   #13
Ellsworth

This post makes me feel even better about the move.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:10 PM   #14
bobbyuk

bobbyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

You or I or the fans don't know what he asked for. LeSean, as much as I liked him, signed his own walking papers--just as Jackson did--when he made it public he wouldn't be taking less money to restructure his contract. Alonso is in his 3rd year, although coming off an injury, and McCoy is in his 7th year, at a physically demanding position, to which the shelf lfe is about 4-5 years usually. He already has over what, 1800 carries in his 6 years?
bobbyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:12 PM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "This post makes me feel even better..."
Eagle In Ohio

Default Anything to help, brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post
This post makes me feel even better about the move.
Yeah, we didn't need an extra second round pick. Too many picks just makes the draft all messy.
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:15 PM   #16
Ellsworth

Haha!

Fish on!
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:31 PM   #17
Sect 236

3rd or 4th rounder is what you'd get for McCoy. In a vacuum, on the field this season, he's worth more than that, but in the grand scheme of it for a team, he's not worth more than that.

Shady is still a top 5 RB, but that's not a position teams place much importance in anymore.
It sucks to think that such a talented player like Shady isn't worth that much, but the truth is, he just isn't in today's NFL.
Sect 236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:31 PM  
Posted in reply to Eagle In Ohio's post "No, it doesn't make sense"
Greenstealth

Quote:
From the angle that you got nowhere near what you gave up in return. You got a LB with one year of actual playing experience, coming of of an ACL tear, and he's had problems with his hip. Guys get traded all the time, but it's in the team's best interest to get the most you can when you trade RB coming off of 1,600 and 1,300 YARD seasons.
You gave up 1300 yards and five touchdowns and shedded 10 million in cap space. Do you actually think the run game is going to suffer next year because mccoy isn't here? How many teams do you think would actually pay him that let alone give up draft picks for the right to pay him that?
Greenstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 02:48 PM  
Posted in reply to Eagle In Ohio's post "No, it doesn't make sense"
McCarthy12

McCarthy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think most teams value running backs as highly as you do. When fans put together their fantasy trades to get Mariota and throw McCoy in the mix, the reaction is always the same: A running back - even McCoy - would not have much value in a trade.

The Jackson cut was way more baffling to me than this. If they use the cap space to stack the D and replace Shady with someone like Ingram, I can live with it.
McCarthy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2015, 03:00 PM  
Posted in reply to Greenstealth's post starting "You gave up 1300 yards and five..."
Eagle In Ohio

Default So they've got 50 million in cap space

Quote:
You gave up 1300 yards and five touchdowns and shedded 10 million in cap space. Do you actually think the run game is going to suffer next year because mccoy isn't here? How many teams do you think would actually pay him that let alone give up draft picks for the right to pay him that?
big deal. when Banner was here, and they were cap champions, hoarding every single penny, that didn't bring a trophy. When they finaly decided to go all in, and went into Dream Team mode, that didn't bring a trophy either. You just traded a 26 year old RB, who gained 1,300 yards behind a line that was patchwork for most of last season. Try to get more than a player whose two years in, and already coming off of ACL surgery.

Tags
emo in ohio, wangnut in ohio