After more thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After more thought

Schwartz needs to go, this has been three years of getting burned by poor play on all three levels. I don't care if its his system its not working and we are losing games that were covered up last year by the offense.
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Nick Foles saved Schwartz’s ass on Feb. 4.

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
      Schwartz needs to go, this has been three years of getting burned by poor play on all three levels. I don't care if its his system its not working and we are losing games that were covered up last year by the offense.
      What a passive defense. Quite the contrast to an offense going for it on 4th down.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yes he did, which got us our first SB and schwartz damn near cost us that game.
        On Trumps handicap

Comment

I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT BRO. TRENT WAS SAYIN THE SAME THING. IT'S TIME FOR HIM TO GO. THIS DEFENSE HUST DOESN'T WORK.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Mills needs to be either moved to the slot or benched. Put Douglas in there. QBs have a 116.5 QBR against Mills and 95 against Darby. Actually we should have seen the writing on the wall in the SB when they were regularly getting toasted by the Pats receivers, NONE of which would be confused with track stars.

Comment

Yep. Schwartz has been getting a pass because they won the game but the defense was terrible in the Super Bowl with the exception of one enormous play by Graham. The defense doesn't always play poorly but it sure seems like it always plays poorly when it counts.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Here's a defense of Schwartz

Although, I'm not a huge fan of his scheme, lack of blitzing and unwillingness to coach his players (rather than scheme):

Eagles are 29th in the NFL in cap allocation towards Defense - they're spending the 4th least in the league on that side of the ball.

In fairness, the 2017 team was 8th in defensive cap allocation, so YMMV - they were extremely high variance though.

They've actually got some high profile talent (Cox, Bennett, Graham, Jenkins) but the rest is either middling level players or rookie contracts. It's really what Howie gave up in order to load up on guys like Brooks and Alshon.

This defense is going to look at a lot different next year when many of these cap numbers are untenable and rookie deals run out.

Comment

That's not a very good defense of Schwartz, what about al the yards and points they gave up last year. They gave up 23 or more in 9 games, only a potent offense kept them from being a lot more losses.
                  On Trumps handicap

Comment

The secondary has been masked

That's not a very good defense of Schwartz, what about al the yards and points they gave up last year. They gave up 23 or more in 9 games, only a potent offense kept them from being a lot more losses.
                    by some stellar line play. They have a few less dogs up front this year who just haven't quite gotten home as much and the price they've paid as been high. At that rate though, Schwartz should just blitz more because even the quick passing game has killed him.

Comment

his 2018 D makes me miss Juan Castillo

Comment

wont happen till next year,,when he didn't get one offer for a HC position

I had a feeling this was why...guy cant get a man free to save his life!
                        4th-15 in overtime,,,loss
                        4th-10 with a lead,,,loss!

@ some point they have to cut ties with him...I just don't see it in the middle of the season...U were right; get Peterson in here and Bench Mills,,,that will help alot
                        Last edited by TRENT; 10-23-2018, 11:24 AM.
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

I just don't get it. This DL was built to get pressure on the QB, and they're just not getting there consistently. I watched pretty constant double teams on Cox, which means that there should be opportunities for other defenders. But I'm not seeing it (at least not for a full game).

Comment

Starting to agree with this sentiment...

2 losses with double digit leads in 4th quarter...backs a mile off LOS for easy first down completions...did Robinson, Allen, Curry make that much of a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                              I just don't get it. This DL was built to get pressure on the QB, and they're just not getting there consistently. I watched pretty constant double teams on Cox, which means that there should be opportunities for other defenders. But I'm not seeing it (at least not for a full game).

They wear out at the end of the game. He gives them no help.

Comment

Working...
                              X