Carson shit the bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
    Wentz is a really good to great QB. The lack of "clutch" has been a concern for me though - last year he didn't have many opportunities to show it, just seems like he is not the same player in pressure situations.
    didn't he throw a go ahead TD after he tore his acl against the rams in the 4th quarter of a back and forth game? I mean, i get the end of the game stuff, but that is clutch. Converting multiple 4th down plays and 3rd down plays is also clutch.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
      Converting multiple 4th down plays and 3rd down plays is also clutch.
      He did not convert the most important 3rd and 4th down play of the game yesterday and that is what I mean when I say clutch - not a 3rd quarter TD pass in a close game(as impressive as it was).

Comment

He did not convert the most important 3rd and 4th down play of the game yesterday and that is what I mean when I say clutch - not a 3rd quarter TD pass in a close game(as impressive as it was).
        The 3rd down i grant you but Lane and Brooks fucked up blocking a stunt which let Peppers jump in front of Wentz as he was trying to throw the ball to Jeffery who was wide open in at the 2 yard line.

The 3rd down was on him for not taking the easy 1st down but the 4th down I'm putting that on the "best" right tackle football and one of the "best" right guards in football. They shit the bed blocking a stunt once again.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Wentz was a different player last year ... they win it last year with him ... maybe by a bigger margin.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I'm quoting and assuming some schlep from bgn actually had his facts right.
            "Carson’s fantastic day was marred by his struggles to do too much — whether early in the game, with frantic throws under pressure, or later in the game, with ill-advised throws into the end zone. His career in close games (5 wins, 10 losses) and success rate on game-winning drives (3/12) both seem to illustrate that one of his bigger weaknesses is his play in decisive moments"

The great ones pull yesterday's game out from the 22 yard line. I hope he develops but to me, it's a weak spot. Dude can do everything and I honestly thought that was the best game I've ever seen him play until that last sequence.

Comment

I'd like to see him move around more often, don't need scrambles every play but keep the defense more honest with his legs since they are such a weapon. Maybe a product of holding onto the ball longer but how is Wentz getting sacked more than Foles?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                I'm quoting and assuming some schlep from bgn actually had his facts right.
                "Carson’s fantastic day was marred by his struggles to do too much — whether early in the game, with frantic throws under pressure, or later in the game, with ill-advised throws into the end zone. His career in close games (5 wins, 10 losses) and success rate on game-winning drives (3/12) both seem to illustrate that one of his bigger weaknesses is his play in decisive moments"

The great ones pull yesterday's game out from the 22 yard line. I hope he develops but to me, it's a weak spot. Dude can do everything and I honestly thought that was the best game I've ever seen him play until that last sequence.
                I was disappointed to but he had the right idea with Alshon on that 4th down play. That was the right read and he actually came off at least his 1st read to make the thrown.

I did see that close game record but with that same stat (5 and 10) in his last 7 he is 4 and 3. I mean, stats can be picked and chosen so who knows.

What's funny is that his teams (going back to college) usually just roll people. Him having to come from behind is something that just doesn't happen that often for him.

disappointed though in that 3rd down play because that was an easy first down. more angry with the 4th down play though because all the o-line had to do was hold their blocks and not get beat by a stunt...again.

Comment

The first down throw was an abomination. He and ertz had a "miscommunication" ? You're kidding, right ?
                  The third down play was trash and the ball needed to come out earlier on the fourth down play. It was there before it collapsed. I hope he goes the other way but he's not the same guy in crunch time..

Comment

I actually thought Doug

I'd like to see him move around more often, don't need scrambles every play but keep the defense more honest with his legs since they are such a weapon. Maybe a product of holding onto the ball longer but how is Wentz getting sacked more than Foles?
                    Would roll Carson out on 3rd and give him an option to try and pick it up himself or at worst throw it away..

Comment

Yeah, this guy is right. Wentz has good 3rd down and red zone stats, which is an indicator of clutch play. But he hasn't delivered in late game situations yet. Really, the "biggest" throw I can remember him making was the completion to Alshon before the 61-yarder last year. The fact that it was a tie game, and he only had to give Elliott a chance for a record-setting FG made it a bit of a house money situation.

It's just so frustrating because you see QBs pull out these two minute drives every week now. It seems so easy to move the ball to end the game these days, like the pressure is on the defense more so than the offense.

Responding to your other post, a rollout would have been nice. Let the guy use his legs. That's what makes guys like Mariota and Cam so hard to stop to end games. Hell, even Vick was great for us in two minute situations.
                      Last edited by art vandelay; 10-22-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Would roll Carson out on 3rd and give him an option to try and pick it up himself or at worst throw it away..
                        I think they are trying to protect him. Or maybe he has just lost some speed.

Comment

You think they score more than 41 points with Wentz at QB in that game? Foles had one of the greatest SBs ever. He was more accurate and took fewer sacks than Wentz tended to in 2017. They would have steamrolled ATL with Wentz at QB, and beaten Minn regardless, but I don't know how you could think they would have beaten NE by even more with Wentz. We only punted once all game, and that was in the first quarter.

Granted if Wentz plays, that changes every thing, and a different flow of the game may result in the defense making more stops. But in a vacuum, Foles was damn near perfect, and I don't think Wentz could have improved upon that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                            I think they are trying to protect him. Or maybe he has just lost some speed.
                            They rolled him out plenty against ny

Comment

The first down throw was an abomination. He and ertz had a "miscommunication" ? You're kidding, right ?
                              The third down play was trash and the ball needed to come out earlier on the fourth down play. It was there before it collapsed. I hope he goes the other way but he's not the same guy in crunch time..
                              It was there but he was looking left at his other reads. When kuechley comes forward he starts to throw but peppers is in the throwing lane by that point.

Both went and ertz confirmed it was a "miscommunication"

Comment

They rolled him out plenty against ny
                                Says a lot about the Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X