Damn! So much angst on this bored.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
    for about a half hour looking left, right, left, center, left, right, then throws the ball out of bounds or gets sacked. That's one of my favorite plays.
    If there is no one open what do you suggest he does?
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Agree 100%

[QUOTE=slag;1896869]Wentz is clearly the biggest reason for that record.

He's not there.

The second biggest reason is the defense.

It's not there ... to the extent that anyone with an un-slanted eye knows that it has lately had more problems than one ass-rape of Mills on a slant and go.

Foles is not as bad as he was the other night, but he's not a franchise quarterback.

The defense beat a shitty team not because it handled them on the line, but because they were sloppier with the ball than the Eagles were ... not something on which to generally bank.

However, you are correct in that the rest of the league has no juggernauts either, and the Eagles have been getting the bounces so far (voodoo for which I put more stock in than many)

But forgive me if I ain't as warm and fuzzy as I'd be with Wentz there to pull some legitimate juggernaut QB play when they really need some.

And they probably will against whoever comes to town after the meaningless (love to say that) Cowboys.[/QU

What really smokes me is how much went our way this season and when Wentz went down it was the Cunningham/Paup thing again.

If things fall short this season it will be a bitch, great opportunity and position to be in. Sick of “good seasons”, ...been there,seen that. Not looking to be entertained.
      Don’t care if they go 0-16 or 16-0....just hoist some fucking Lombardi hardware and spare me settling for “participation good job” trophy and have a seat on the couch with the last 57 seasons.

All or nothing.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Every team in the NFC is flawed on some level and beatable, this includes the Eagles. For that matter its the same on the AFC side. If BDN plays close to his potential I am confident we can get deep into the playoffs, how deep is the question. We are as good as or better than the NFC teams.
        Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          Here's an interesting article on that. Basically I think the answer is throw the ball.

"Sometimes you do have to challenge the receiver, challenge the defensive back, make it a contested catch," Doug Pederson acknowledged. "All we all know, Alshon has a tremendous catch radius, and can catch a high ball, or a back shoulder throw this season already. It's just (Jeffery and Foles) working out the details of body language, and understanding route combinations, and how he runs certain routes, and continue to work that way, learn to have that trust, and the ability to make those plays.

"I won't stand here and say that there weren't any opportunities to throw him the ball. There were. As a staff we have to make sure that we're coaching the play right, teaching the play right, teaching the quarterbacks the progression on plays, and we're doing all of that right so that we can make those plays in the future."
          http://www.phillyvoice.com/nick-fole...-rapport-fast/
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Yup. I posted after week 1that I'd take wins any way I could get them on account of the schedule looking so rough.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I like it when he doesn't respond to pressure by retreating out the back of the pocket.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Foles is not as bad as he was the other night, but he's not a franchise quarterback.

Neither is Case fucking Keenum!!!
                Last edited by Spartan92; 12-27-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Call 9-1-1?

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  Not convinced there is no one open. Like on that third and goal. He never seemed to even look at Clement. I don’t know. He’s not Wentz of course but throw it somewhere where only your WR has a chance.
                  DB

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                    I notice how the majority of talking douchebags are touting the Viqueens as the team to beat in the NFC.

Really? The team with Case Keenum as their QB? Wow, now there’s a real savior at that position! Big Dick Nick, even with that stinker against the Raiders, is certainly on par with Keenum. Everybody has an off day, but to see it here Foles has morphed in a second Dirty Sanchez!

And the Queens defense.......better than the Iggles. Not at all. Mills makes on (very major) fuck up and the entire defense is indicted as terrible. Hah!

So the Iggles play an ugly game and eke out a win against a team we should have bulldozed and now they and their 13/2 record make them nothing but losers? Shame on every one of you spouting gloom and doom and piling on after one “poor” victory. You’re the actual losers here.

The playoffs are going through Philadelphia baby, so grab yo’ popcorn!

E-A-G-L-E-S...........EAGLES!!!!
                    Guy has one bad game in the bitter cold and wind and he all the sudden can't play. Receivers did not get open his fault ? RB's fumbling his fault ? Kicker missed 33 yard field goal his fault ? my point is SHIT happens, I could care less if the Eagles kick 5 field goals and win 15-14, as long as they win.

Comment

You're right.

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                      Guy has one bad game in the bitter cold and wind and he all the sudden can't play. Receivers did not get open his fault ? RB's fumbling his fault ? Kicker missed 33 yard field goal his fault ? my point is SHIT happens, I could care less if the Eagles kick 5 field goals and win 15-14, as long as they win.
                      It's Gomer's fault. Nick is beyond reproach.

DB

Comment

Wow! You’d fuck that scumbag Trump shit, wouldn’t you?

I want you to turn in your Biggus Dickus card right now before this gets out!
                        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

And ps.......don’t you EVER Overbrook a thread of mine again.

I want you to turn in your Biggus Dickus card right now before this gets out!
                          "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Just as the Trump sisters are carrying on

a First Family tradition started by Amy Carter and followed by Maureen Reagan, Chelsea Clinton, Jenna and Barbara Bush, Chelsea Clinton and the Obama girls in posing for a Christmas card wearing bikinis, I am starting a tradition of OB'ing an OB thread.

Hey happy holidays you walking barrel of acid. This stem cell thing is a pain, but nowhere near as much of a pain as you wen through.
                            DB

Comment

Working...
                            X