No announcement yet.

Fultz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know man. I think that type of shady vagueness leads to speculation, which leads to rumors, which leads to crazy. The press's job is to find out so they are going to ask the questions whether the front office likes it or not. The fans deserve a reasonable amount of transparency. There are ways to be sensitive towards Fultz without inviting speculation that makes it worse.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
      I've never ripped him, but I started wondering about his psyche from the start. Watch the draft again, and tell me how excited he looks when he's selected. Yeah, he went through the motions, putting on the cap and posing with The Alien...but he wasn't exactly beaming with joy.

From watching his shooting issues, it almost looked to me like he was intentionally screwing up his technique. I speculated that maybe he was dogging it in hopes of forcing the Sixers to consider trading him...and I'm wondering how much the Sixers could have truthfully said about the situation without throwing fuel on the fire.

From what I saw last night, maybe the culture of the locker room (and their winning streak) has brought him around, and now he's seeing a brighter future for himself.
      I don't see why he would want to be traded from Philly. Is it LA...no, but there are probably 25 worse places to play in the NBA, and not many better places for him where the pressure isn't nearly as great b/c of the other two shining young stars. My guess is that its a young kid who wasn't expecting to be a number one pick is a little scared of living up to that draft spot and the drastically increased expectations from his junior year in HS to his freshman yr of college. He sort of came out of nowhere as a top prospect. He at times looks a bit like a deer in headlights with the whole newfound fame.

He is lucky that Ben and Joel have played so well we're not bitter as fans with the time he needed. Loved hearing that the crowd was behind him and not jeering in him finally hitting the court.

Comment

I suspect that he was mentally sold on being the Lakers' pick. He was thinking boats and hoes, and he ended up with...well...something else entirely. But yeah, I'm seeing the support he's getting from all angles, and it looks like he's starting to drink it in.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          Fultz be like "Happy Birthday, Jackass!"
          BBBBBBBBWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I just put two and two together. I've been wondering (probably for years) what poster you were when you'd come up on social media. Happy birthday!
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I think Fultz wanted to come here. He was sitting court-side at a Sixers game before his draft (and before they traded up). I couldn't see him doing that if he wasn't interested in coming here.

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphi...e-it-happening

Comment

Don’t think so at all

I suspect that he was mentally sold on being the Lakers' pick. He was thinking boats and hoes, and he ended up with...well...something else entirely. But yeah, I'm seeing the support he's getting from all angles, and it looks like he's starting to drink it in.
                He wanted to be in Philly. He’s an East coast kid from the DMV who’s really close to his family. The flashy/partying lifestyle isn’t him. It wasn’t at UW.

As far as not looking outwardly excited at the draft, that’s just his demeanor. If I remember correctly he talked about it in his Player’s Tribune article...

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...xers-nba-draft

Comment

THIS SIXERS TEAM WITH THIS KID...

IS GOING TO BE FUN TO WATCH. I JUST MIGHT JUMP ON THE WAGON.
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Pretty sure this was taken before the draft trade with the Celtics

I don’t think he took pics like this with any other team fwiw
                    Last edited by ishimonster; 03-27-2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                      IS GOING TO BE FUN TO WATCH. I JUST MIGHT JUMP ON THE WAGON.
                      This team is going to be a blast to watch if just Joel, Ben and Dario stay healthy. That core is going to led them to close to 50 wins if not 50 wins in their rookie and 2nd years. That alone is reason to be excited. Fultz playing and playing well wouldn't be icing on the cake, he'd be a hummer from the old lady while eating a big fat piece of cake.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                        This team is going to be a blast to watch if just Joel, Ben and Dario stay healthy. That core is going to led them to close to 50 wins if not 50 wins in their rookie and 2nd years. That alone is reason to be excited. Fultz playing and playing well wouldn't be icing on the cake, he'd be a hummer from the old lady while eating a big fat piece of cake.
                        I'm giddy about the Sixers and their future.

Comment

I'm probably wrong about it, and like so many others, I'm reading too much into the whole drama.

Regardless, I'm glad that it's (apparently) working now.

Comment

I’m not sure about this. Lonzo was tied to the Lakers as soon as UCLA lost in the tourney...maybe even sooner.

Comment

Wow.

https://twitter.com/brandongowton/st...679486977?s=12

Comment

HowsH this going work, when the bats have completely left his belfrey? He can't be the backup point guard forever....

Comment

Working...
                                X