Crawford batting ninth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
    I'm sure it's going to change daily but these lineups don't even make sense. Santana in the two spot? I guess he wasn't brought here to protect Hoskins. You bench Herrera on opening day and then you put him in the third spot? Your best hitter is typically in the third spot. If he's your best hitter, why is he sitting on the bench opening day? Kingery at six? What don't you like about his bat? I must be watching something else. Knapp two games in a row to start the season?

In regards to pitching, he's worried so much about the starting pitching that he's burned out the bullpen already. Does he not realize you can overwork your bullpen, too? You would think these are playoff games the way he goes through pitchers.
    Other thing is that when a player is in a groove you should keep him in. It's very possible the person you bring in to replace him is off.

Greatest Phillies pitcher of all time Super Steve Carlton frequently pitched complete games.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Now they go into tonight's game with Velasquez. He throws more pitches per inning than most starters in the league. I'll be very surprised if he goes over five innings today.

Comment

Now they go into tonight's game with Velasquez. He throws more pitches per inning than most starters in the league. I'll be very surprised if he goes over five innings today.
        Just for shits and giggles, they should bat him third. Nobody will see that coming. #bebold
        Last edited by The Duck; 03-31-2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

He apparently watched the same shitty Mexican beer commercial everyone else did. #BeOriginal

Last edited by Snakebitten; 03-31-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

21 pitchers...3 games. Horrific.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
              21 pitchers...3 games. Horrific.
              I’ve had about all I can take from Velasquez. Dude’s not a starter.

Comment

that was rough. I turned it off.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                  I’ve had about all I can take from Velasquez. Dude’s not a starter.
                  Him and Pivetta should be sent to the pen, immediately.

Comment

Just make sure they've warmed up before bringing them back in.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...eliever-thrown

good god

Comment

yeah, that's just unacceptable.

Comment

Feels a little like the Chip era with this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by nor'easter View Post
                          Just make sure they've warmed up before bringing them back in.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...eliever-thrown

good god
                          I actually can’t remember a worse start to a coaching career.

Comment

What's worse is that it's baseball. It's the easiest sport to coach out of the big four. Pete Mackanin wasn't even making all these mistakes. The more this manager fails, the more money this front office is going to have to overspend to bring in the big ticket free agents (again).

Comment

What's worse is that it's baseball. It's the easiest sport to coach out of the big four. Pete Mackanin wasn't even making all these mistakes. The more this manager fails, the more money this front office is going to have to overspend to bring in the big ticket free agents (again).
                              They have to fix this, fast. Find a chain smoking old guy coaching a high school team, I don’t give a shit. Mr. Shiny Sack’s gotta go.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                                Feels a little like the Chip era with this guy.
                                The very end of the Chip era. We didn't even get the tease with this guy.
                                Last edited by The Duck; 04-01-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X