Confidential to Gabe Kapler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential to Gabe Kapler

In case you're wondering why you were booed ... Phil Mushnick of the NY Post nailed it when he noted that you can’t spell analytics without “anal," you micromanaging, spread-sheeted, pregame-formulated nitwit.

Can't wait until you pull someone throwing a no-hitter in the sixth because the guy coming up hits .420 against him on Wednesdays when there's a sale on coconut oil at CVS.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

I think Kapler is learning that it's a holistic approach that's necessary. Analytics are a tool, but not turn-by-turn directions. Mushnick ironically points to two former New York managers, both of whom got their respective teams to their most recent world series appearances.

Pulling Pivetta yesterday was smart by Kapler - and the bullpen has been pretty good the last 3 games.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
      I think Kapler is learning that it's a holistic approach that's necessary. Analytics are a tool, but not turn-by-turn directions. Mushnick ironically points to two former New York managers, both of whom got their respective teams to their most recent world series appearances.

Pulling Pivetta yesterday was smart by Kapler - and the bullpen has been pretty good the last 3 games.
      I wonder if there will ever be a time when we get to artificial intelligence managers and coaches. The analytics thing seems to point in this direction.

I will say this: AI still sucks at language translation.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

You bring up an important point: Kapler sucks at the double switch. Phillies have a great bench and he seems unwilling or unable to remember to PH for the pitcher before he intends to pull the guy.

Comment

I'm trying to be patient. Yesterday was a start. The first 5 games were the worst I've seen.

Comment

yup

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
            I'm trying to be patient. Yesterday was a start. The first 5 games were the worst I've seen.
            it's Philadelphia - embrace your nature and fly off the handle over the football equivalent of a bad quarter. I know I did.

Comment

'Hopefully, they (the fans) learn to trust that my process is strong.'
              Ahhh, I get it. It's not him, it's us. We need to be educated on this strong process.

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphi...e-opening-boos

Comment

I saw a quote from an "anonymous player" - for whatever that is worth - that said, "we'll be fine as long as the manager stays out of the way." Great!

I just hope Kapler realizes it's not about him - it's about the players. He is more likely to lose games than win them by micromanaging. That seems to be the way it is in baseball.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Here's a not so anonymous quote when they asked Nick Williams about the lineup:"I don't know maybe the computer made it."

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                    Here's a not so anonymous quote when they asked Nick Williams about the lineup:"I don't know maybe the computer made it."
                    Coco has just set the world record for losing a team.

Comment

I'm not exactly Mr. Patience but this is not the reason I'm going off here after only five games.

Anal-ytics may have some value but over reliance on it, particularly when pitchers are removed despite getting people out, has been a pet peeve of mine for years before Klentak brought in this twit with his spread sheets.

I don't come to the game to watch umpires or managers.

Motherfuck this shit pisses me off!!!
                      Last edited by slag; 04-06-2018, 03:20 PM.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I still maintain AI and some level of other tech will replace fans.
                        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                          I hate that Williams said that. I hate it even more that he's right. These are young guys. They don't have any Utleys in this clubhouse. This is going to get ugly. I'm pretty confident he's lost a lot of the players already.
                          Last edited by Snakebitten; 04-06-2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                            Coco has just set the world record for losing a team.
                            This is the biggest problem, and why you can't compare Gabe to Pederson and Brown. I don't remember any players publically calling those two out. Add that to the fact 2019 is the biggest FA year in MLB history, this could be a short run for Kapler.

Some of the blame goes on Klentak, either Altherr or Williams should've been moved this past offseason.

Comment

There's a good chance Kapler will cost this organization millions of dollars. They already overpaid for free agents this year. Imagine what it's going to cost to bring in a big ticket free agent this off season. Now, they really have to overpay to compete with other teams.

On another note, I still hate the fact they brought in Carlos Santana. I wanted to see all the kids consistently play this year. That move created a logjam that will only make players more bitter. I'd rather have seen them spend it on another starting pitcher.

Comment

Working...
                              X