Paul George

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul George

He's who I want the Sixers to get. Add him to this team and they can win it all next year regardless of what Lebron does.

Playoff P?

Comment

He's showed up big time against Utah, win or lose.

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
      Playoff P?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
        He's who I want the Sixers to get. Add him to this team and they can win it all next year regardless of what Lebron does.
        Liking this thinking too, over Lebron (which kind of doesn't make sense)

Comment

The team he left is better without him...and the team he's on isn't. That makes me scared. Though he's played well against Utah, its often been on ISO plays that is basically hero ball, which is not exactly what we need here. I like what he'd maybe add on defense, but that would move Dario to the bench and like his upside more considering the price. That would be $25M less to have in your cap and that can be spent to keep JJ, or get one or two other sharp shooters that fit the team. He would have to be willing to be the 3rd or 4th best player on his team, and I wonder if he's got the ego that would accept it.

I'd WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYY rather have Lebron, or neither, then have him.
          Last edited by udontknowme; 04-26-2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
            The team he left is better without him...and the team he's on isn't. That makes me scared. Though he's played well against Utah, its often been on ISO plays that is basically hero ball, which is not exactly what we need here. I like what he'd maybe add on defense, but that would move Dario to the bench and like his upside more considering the price. That would be $25M less to have in your cap and that can be spent to keep JJ, or get one or two other sharp shooters that fit the team. He would have to be willing to be the 3rd or 4th best player on his team, and I wonder if he's got the ego that would accept it.

I'd WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYY rather have Lebron, or neither, then have him.
            I don't know. The 6ers really don't have a player who can create his own shots and actually hit them. Simmons is way too inconsistent with his jumper and Embiid gets in to TO trouble when he drives to the rim and doesn't get his foul calls.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
              I don't know. The 6ers really don't have a player who can create his own shots and actually hit them. Simmons is way too inconsistent with his jumper and Embiid gets in to TO trouble when he drives to the rim and doesn't get his foul calls.
              I would argue Simmons and Embiid, and somewhat Saric will be able to fit that bill. Fultz has the perfect skillset to be that guy. Cap space needs to be wisely dispensed on this team, and unless you get a guy that instantly makes you the favorite in the league (LeBron), I want them to spend it wisely. PG gonna cost.

Comment

I would almost guarantee that PG is going to the Lakers.

Of all the potential free agents, I think Kawhi would be the best pickup. Arguably the best perimeter defender in the NBA and has been successful in a very similar offensive system.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                  I would almost guarantee that PG is going to the Lakers.

Of all the potential free agents, I think Kawhi would be the best pickup. Arguably the best perimeter defender in the NBA and has been successful in a very similar offensive system.
                  http://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-anton...-leonard-8066/

Not a FA until perhaps next year. signed though 2018-19 with a player option for 2019-20. He's likely going to be shopped this summer or next year unless there is some serious healing there. It would take a good bit of our talent to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                    http://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-anton...-leonard-8066/

Not a FA until perhaps next year. signed though 2018-19 with a player option for 2019-20. He's likely going to be shopped this summer or next year unless there is some serious healing there. It would take a good bit of our talent to get him.
                    Thanks, for some reason I thought his contract was up this year.

At this point I'm not in favor of giving up anyone currently on the team for another star player.

I think they've established themselves as a premier destination for free agents. Who wouldn't want to play with Ben and Joel? Brett Brown has a lot of respect around the league too.

Comment

Working...
                    X