Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barwin using Marcus Hayes as a mouthpiece for negotiations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barwin using Marcus Hayes as a mouthpiece for negotiations?

No doubt Barwin is a good guy. If they could make it work I say keep him around. But really how much is he worth? In any case he appears willing to restructure his deal.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._an_Eagle.html
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Big fan of his but unless they (we) are switching back to a 3-4 he's an overmatched 4-3 DE.

Not a fan of him as a 4-3 DE at all.

Comment

He's still on the team? I don't think I've heard his name called all season
      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

No chance they can switch to a 3-4. With Graham, Cox, and a LB corps (sans Kendricks) that doesn't seem to be a liability, they are some corners and another lineman away from having a very nice 4-3.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Connor really wants to be in Philly. Knows he can have a real career here post football. I see a restructure getting done
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            No chance they can switch to a 3-4. With Graham, Cox, and a LB corps (sans Kendricks) that doesn't seem to be a liability, they are some corners and another lineman away from having a very nice 4-3.
            would also be very counter productive to go from 3-4 to 4-3 back to 3-4 in a 3 year span.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              No doubt Barwin is a good guy. If they could make it work I say keep him around. But really how much is he worth? In any case he appears willing to restructure his deal.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._an_Eagle.html
              He has to take a major cut in order to stay, he had a bad year, but yes is he a good guy and role model.

Comment

I know. Just saying they'd only consider keeping him if they ran 3-4 D.

He has no value in a 4-3 at any salary. He gets eaten alive by LT's.

Comment

Its OLB for him or nothing

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                  Connor really wants to be in Philly. Knows he can have a real career here post football. I see a restructure getting done
                  guy is too small to be a true DE in this league,,needs to fill that roll for us and yes pass rush on occasion; would be great if we get a DC who knows how to get a man free.
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Sorry, Connor

I don't even think a restructured contract gets it done. He got some pay bump during Kelly's last year (guaranteed 2016 salary?) for playing the good soldier on and off the field.

I could see Howie moving him a la Roach Murray, Alonso, and Bumwell to move up in a round of the draft.

Comment

Working...
                    X