Why was this team so good w/o Embiid last year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was this team so good w/o Embiid last year

And considering that, why do they let Embiid play when they clearly shouldn't?

Obviously the rest of the team has changed a lot since then.

I'm not saying I want Embiid gone. I'm genuinely asking.

They fucked themselves by not winning last game. Two games in a row the team was not prepared to play.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
      They fucked themselves by not winning last game. Two games in a row the team was not prepared to play.
      And.

People.

Continue.

To.

Defend.

BB.

Comment

Well duh. It was clear after game 4 that they'd need to seize the opportunity in game 5. It's never easy to win 3 straight against a good team but that's what they had to do.

Comment

I think tonight was gonna go this way regardless. They were prepared in game 4. Embiid was horrible. Three missed FTs in a row and a layup late in the 4th. Simmons also had crucial missed FTs. I don't see how it's on Brown that these guys didn't score when it mattered.

I don't know if Brown's gonna lead them to a title. But I don't know how a different coach changes Simmons' game or Embiid's health. Every time something goes wrong with a local team people's knee-jerk reaction is to blame the coach. I just don't see things the same way.

Comment

That was a head scratcher for me. The big guy clearly wasn't feeling well, and he was being a load on the rest of the team. I'm not faulting his effort...but he just couldn't physically perform. Better to sit him and let fresher players come in and pick up the pace.

Comment

Working...
            X