Sixers hammering out five year extension with Ben Simmons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers hammering out five year extension with Ben Simmons

But, but...youse guys said he was going to skip town and sign with LA!

I wish he would. Terrible deal

Comment

I don't understand this sentiment.

He is a Top 25 player in the league, is only 22, and is only going to get better. He does everything well except for shoot. He is a great defender and has tremendous court vision. His detractors completely overlook those aspects of his game. If he develops a willingness to take some jumpers he will be considered right up there with the top handful of players in the league.

Don't forget: Simmons + Embiid = The Process

Trust it.

Comment

If he develops any semblance of a jump shot then this is a no-brainer. I'm still holding out hope but we'll see.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          If he develops any semblance of a jump shot then this is a no-brainer. I'm still holding out hope but we'll see.
          Look at that elbow, nice and tucked in fellas! Gonna be a good year!!!!

https://pasteboard.co/ImaMJHe.jpg

Last edited by dev_32; 07-02-2019, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Can you give us proof that you're not a Colangelo's wife burner account?

Comment

I’ve killed Simmons on here. Just hope to God he will develop a J. But what incentive does he have if he can get max money without -?

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                I’ve killed Simmons on here. Just hope to God he will develop a J. But what incentive does he have if he can get max money without -?
                His incentive is to become one of the greats which is definitely one of his goals - not to mention All-NBA, a supermax, endorsements, and all the fame that comes with that elite status.

I don't think it's a matter of not putting in the necessary work, it's a matter of confidence. It seems like he does everything else at a near elite level that he's scared to be seen as lacking in something, which is dumb because everyone knows he can't shoot yet anyway.

He'll get there eventually, he just needs to start taking the shots when they're there, like he did for a little bit last year...

Comment

I think he has the incentive to not be known as a flawed player. He's been open about wanting to be a HOF'er. He schedule meetings with HOF'ers last offseason (that's where Magic almost got hit with tampering). He knows that he will NEVER be that guy unless he works on this. And again, he doesn't have to be a good shooter. He has to be an average shooter. That's it. It's not a super high bar for a guy as talented as he is.

Comment

He really only has 1 negative, his jumpshooting, His positives are his

passing
                    ball handling
                    going coast to coast
                    postgame down low

That's like a man deciding to date a woman long term with a cute face, nice body, no kids, her own place but has ugly feet.
                    Last edited by smg; 07-05-2019, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Except shooting is the face.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                        I think he has the incentive to not be known as a flawed player. He's been open about wanting to be a HOF'er. He schedule meetings with HOF'ers last offseason (that's where Magic almost got hit with tampering). He knows that he will NEVER be that guy unless he works on this. And again, he doesn't have to be a good shooter. He has to be an average shooter. That's it. It's not a super high bar for a guy as talented as he is.
                        SO NOW THAT JOHNSON'S NOT WITH THE LAKERS, HAS HE GOTTEN IN TOUCH WITH HIM, AND IF NOT WHY NOT?
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I mean, afterall, he just wanted to have a "friendly chat" with Ben about being a "big PG" in the league.

Totally on the up-and-up!

Comment

They already met. Simmons met with him around the time he was meeting with other HOF players. It's just that none of those other former players were actively working for other organizations.

Comment

Working...
                            X