No announcement yet.

Complacency.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They don't need 2 starting CBs. If the offense scores from inside the 20 yesterday, we're not bitching about the CBs. Holding a playoff team to 20 points in their house should be good enough to win.

The DL has shown up. Going into yesterday they'd been the best in the league according to PFF, and were also passing the eye test. You can't tell me that Graham, Barnett, Long, Bennett, and Cox aren't good enough. While they're better at home, the problem yesterday was that the offense let the Titans hang around. As Anthony said, it's hard to stop offenses in 2 minute situations. Mariota's mobility makes that especially difficult.
    Last edited by art vandelay; 10-01-2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
      What moves?? While a major shot of adrenaline is needed, I don’t see where it’s coming from. They don’t need one, but two starting CB’s, the D Line isn’t getting it done, it ain’t like they were overworked it was like a full hour between Titan possessions after Iggs go up 17-3. A great defense slams the door right there and then. .
      Darby can't tackle for shit but his coverage is fine.

The real issue is that Schwartz needs to pull Jalen Mills' dick out of his mouth and move Sidney Jones to the outside. Sidney Jones was a blue chip talent and would-be first round pick if not for the injury. Mills is a scrub undrafted free agent who was only not getting exposed because of the talent surrounding him. If they want to keep Sidney in the nickel or a year until Darby leaves, then Rasul deserves a shot on the outside.

Corey Graham is the real weakness. This team has starting caliber CBs on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        They don't need 2 starting QBs. If the offense scores from inside the 20 yesterday, we're not bitching about the CBs. Holding a playoff team to 20 points in their house should be good enough to win.

The DL has shown up. Going into yesterday they'd been the best in the league according to PFF, and were also passing the eye test. You can't tell me that Graham, Barnett, Long, Bennett, and Cox aren't good enough. While they're better at home, the problem yesterday was that the offense let the Titans hang around. As Anthony said, it's hard to stop offenses in 2 minute situations. Mariota's mobility makes that especially difficult.
        It’s quite clear that despite the Lombardi trophy, the Iggs can still get my BP up there after that kind of loss, maybe I’m a tad harsh on the DL, but the secondary save for Jenkins gets 0 slack, they need to ball out Sunday both teams need this one. I’m on to Minnesota.

Comment

It's a metaphor

But if you insist on more precision, the Eagles scored over 30 in half their road games and 26 or more in 6 of them, last year.
          Last edited by slag; 10-01-2018, 02:43 PM. Reason: to be sufficiently precise on the year
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Went over my head.

They also scored 26 or more in all of Wentz's home starts last season.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
              Darby can't tackle for shit but his coverage is fine.

The real issue is that Schwartz needs to pull Jalen Mills' dick out of his mouth and move Sidney Jones to the outside. Sidney Jones was a blue chip talent and would-be first round pick if not for the injury. Mills is a scrub undrafted free agent who was only not getting exposed because of the talent surrounding him. If they want to keep Sidney in the nickel or a year until Darby leaves, then Rasul deserves a shot on the outside.

Corey Graham is the real weakness. This team has starting caliber CBs on the roster.
              to be fair, mills was a 7th round pick who would have gone in the 3rd or 4th if he didn't have some character issues.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                to be fair, mills was a 7th round pick who would have gone in the 3rd or 4th if he didn't have some character issues.
                Sunday is going to be interesting on so many levels, perfect opponent after the clusterfuck that was 4th and 15.

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
                  Sunday is going to be interesting on so many levels, perfect opponent after the clusterfuck that was 4th and 15.
                  Perfect opponent? Lost last week, desperate for a win, pissed after being embarrassed last season and killer receivers ... ya, perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                    Perfect opponent? Lost last week, desperate for a win, pissed after being embarrassed last season and killer receivers ... ya, perfect
                    well, their defensive line is a mess, their o-line may be worse than the eagles and their secondary is possibly just as bad as the eagles.

Could be a clusterf#ck of epic proportions.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Working...
                    X