Contrary to Bored opinion, I liked the 0930 start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contrary to Bored opinion, I liked the 0930 start

Obviously wouldn't work out if I was a season ticket holder, but as a couch-fan, that time slot works well for me.

Bottomless Bloody Marys are a bad choice for game beverage. That was my main takeaway from today.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I too really enjoyed it

Comment

Yep. The 10 am start time on the west coast a lot better than 1pm.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I dont agree with that,,I love 1 pm starts and spent many sundays in Oaktown

watching football with my buddies mostly Raduzz fans!!!! In Sanfran or Oakland back in 80's.

Drinking beer rolling fatties at 9am....to each his own I didn't care just wanted to watch the games,,,tough after a late Sat night show
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

the 10am west coast games are great

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
            because the "late" games are at 1pm and the night game is at 4:20pm. I also liked the 9:30 game, but I checked out of the 1pm games pretty quickly.

Comment

I enjoyed it as well. I just wonder how much the west coast folks enjoyed the 6:30 kickoff. Or even worse, the fans in Hawaii watching in the middle of the night.

Comment

West coast was great for watching games....

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                Lived in SoCal for 5 years, roll out of bed, stumble into my fav sports bar and have breakfast while screaming at the big screen.

Then have the entire afternoon to forget the crappy losses.

Loved this past Sunday.
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                  I enjoyed it as well. I just wonder how much the west coast folks enjoyed the 6:30 kickoff. Or even worse, the fans in Hawaii watching in the middle of the night.
                  I love the 10am games. It would be different if I could gayte but since there is none, having to be rest of the day to get things done is great. The 6:30 game was tough, it didn’t feel right.
                  Last edited by tjl88; 10-29-2018, 06:59 PM.
                  It IS About Me Asshole
                  -----------------------
                  Fuck off, moron. - Kelly Green

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                    Obviously wouldn't work out if I was a season ticket holder, but as a couch-fan, that time slot works well for me.
                    I haven't been out to brunch in a while here in NYC, but I don't think restaurants can serve booze before noon on Sundays. There goes yer Bottomless Bloody Marys. That might not work for some people.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I can see that. But with all the cheap bourbon and malt liquor you drink on gameday, I see it as the NFL doing you a favor if they made all the games before noon.

Comment

Yep, wake up for kickoff, get pissed at the loss, go do some yard work.
                        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

The tailgates started at 8am over here. Both the NFL sponsored tailgate and The Green Legion tailgate at The Green Man pub near the stadium. If you had the NFL app downloaded on your phone there was a barcode you showed to get free 6 inch subs at The Subway tent and free hot dogs at the Heinz mustard tent.

Comment

Working...
                          X