Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget Harper - Trout to Phillies

http://www.the3rdmanin.com/angels-tr...out-offseason/

There is no shot a package of Sixto (who has an inflamed elbow and may never make the majors), Haseley, Moniak, Pipkin and JP nets you Trout.
    Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Clickbait because I would do that in a heartbeat.

Trout is the best player of his generation and arguably the best baseball player any of us has ever watched with any real understanding of the game. His value in prospects, absent some serious injuries, can't be fulfilled by a single team.

However, I think there is an interesting way Trout ends up here with a reasonable package and that's by invoking his no-trade clause. The Angels can't trade him anywhere without his approval and if the one place he agrees to go is Philly, then the Angels leverage is reduced significantly. Trout maintains leverage by refusing to sign an extension and thus the Angels risk getting nothing if he walks in 2020.

I don't think that happens and I think he's pretty happy in Anaheim, but I think that's the only way they trade him. Restocking your system by trading aging but valuable vets is smart. Trading away a HoF talent in the prime of his career when you can build around him is silly. You don't gain enough in "tanking" via baseball to make that work.

Comment

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
        There is no shot a package of Sixto (who has an inflamed elbow and may never make the majors), Haseley, Moniak, Pipkin and JP nets you Trout.
        Your not serious, obviously you do not follow baseball. Angels are a mess, no shot at making the post season anytime soon. They will lose Trout in free agency in 2 years so they need to trade him. Phillies have one of the best farm systems in the league. That group should get them Trout if not throw in another player or two.

Comment

The Phillies don’t have one of the best farm systems in baseball, Tom. There are 25 teams that could offer a better package for Trout.

Comment

One shot Philadelphia may have at Trout is if he has a no trade clause and, because he wants to go to Philadelphia, he forces their hand to take a less attractive package from the Phillies.
            Last edited by slag; 11-03-2018, 09:51 AM. Reason: typo
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You're Mr. Baseball are ya?

Comment

I didn't read this before I posted ... are you sure he has a no-trade?

Comment

Forget it ... I just googled it ... it appears he does ... so there might be a chance for the Phillies.

Comment

IF PHILTHS CAN PULL OFF GETTING TROUT HERE, THAT STADIUM, IMO, WOULD BE FULL AGAIN.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                      The Phillies don’t have one of the best farm systems in baseball, Tom. There are 25 teams that could offer a better package for Trout.
                      Complete and utter idiot, please stop posting and responding

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        Forget it ... I just googled it ... it appears he does ... so there might be a chance for the Phillies.
                        You know allot more than anyone I guess, oh sorry you had to Google just to know someone had a no trade clause.

Comment

You know the details of every MLB contract by heart do ya?

Too bad you don't know how to spell.

Comment

PS - Perhaps you should allot some time to reading the dictionary.

Comment

I wish you the best of luck with your mental disability.
                              Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X