Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wish we held onto Chip for 1 more year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
    Half the players quit.

Do you honestly think next year would have been better? Especially with Billy D still at the helm...
    I said in another post that Davis should have been gone regardless. I don't know if it would have been better. I'm saying I expected that he'd have more than one year with full control or as Maniac said at least another year to coach if GM duties were stripped.

He still went 10-6 two seasons in a row with players acquired by GM extraordinaire Howie Roseman and defensive genius Billy Davis.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      Chip had final say on personnel, who was negotiating the money? Howie wasn't just jock strap manager.
      Yes he was. Chip had one of his goons doing the negotiations.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

No, he wasn't. Do some homework.

I'll do it for you.

On January 2, 2015, Howie Roseman was relieved of his duties as GM and elevated to the role of Executive Vice President of Football Operations. In this role, Roseman continued directing contract negotiations, managing the team's salary and also overseeing the team’s medical staff, equipment staff and more.

That was taken from the eagles media guide
        Last edited by Greenstealth; 01-15-2016, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
          The real mistake was not getting rid of Howie throughout the process. Fuck that guy.
          WHILE WE'RE TAKING A LOOK AT THE PAST ON THE BYE WEEK.

AMAZING HOW THINGS CHANGE SO FAST. I'VE SAID THINGS TOO THAT I THINK BACK AND JUST SAY DUH.
          Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-03-2018, 10:47 AM.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Chupacabra View Post
            It looks like they have a specific list/type they're looking for. But their better options on that list had other opportunities and they won't talk to someone who doesn't meet their criteria. They don't seem to be interested in talking to a defensive coach, even if they might be better than option #4, #5 or #6 on the master list...Shurmur, Pederson, Duce vs Ginger, Austin. It's a crock of shit.

Howie is a fuck-up too.
            AGAIN.

I'LL BE LOOKING FOR MY DUMBASS SHIT TOO.
            Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-03-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

CB and I are the only smart responders on this thread

Comment

Yup...I'll gladly eat crow.

Comment

EVERYONE HAS OPINIONS ON STUFF. SOME IS JUST REACTIONARY TO WHAT'S GOING ON. I COULD SEE HOW, AT THAT TIME, HOWIE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A BEATING. BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED KEEPING HIM AROUND.

Comment

When Howie came back, everything broke right for him. They tried to hire mcadoo and Doug fell in their lap. He got Carson and was able to dump Bradford to the Vikings. I'll give credit where it's due because he got it done. I got geighbacked.

Comment

THAT TIME PERIOD WE WERE ALL JUST PISSED OFF. THE STORM BEFORE THE SUNSHINE.

Comment

Give Slizz credit for saying Pederson and Duce were intriguing.

Comment

No way. Screw Archboy.

Comment

Don't blame me...

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                            CB and I are the only smart responders on this thread
                            I rooted for Kodos!
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Awesome. "Go ahead, throw away your vote!"

Comment

Working...
                              X