Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wish we held onto Chip for 1 more year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slag View Post
    So you'd rather Howeenie did it?
    Definitely. Unlikely anyone can do as much dumb shit as Kelly did.
    Last edited by Maniac; 01-14-2016, 07:14 PM.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
      I agree. Either Kelly and Lurie really had an issue or Roseman was playing puppet master.
      Maybe it was all the stupid personnel moves he made and his handpicked team quitting on him.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          Maybe it was all the stupid personnel moves he made and his handpicked team quitting on him.
          One year to make stupid personnel moves and then get shit canned is a very short rope.

More came out since he was fired (with players split on the move) but as the year ended I thought he should get another to make it work or prove it wouldnt.

I didn't think he'd go into his final year as the coach unless he was good enough to get a contract extension.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

The Chip ship was sinking

One year to make stupid personnel moves and then get shit canned is a very short rope.

More came out since he was fired (with players split on the move) but as the year ended I thought he should get another to make it work or prove it wouldnt.

I didn't think he'd go into his final year as the coach unless he was good enough to get a contract extension.
            Half the players quit.

Do you honestly think next year would have been better? Especially with Billy D still at the helm...

Comment

hahaha
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

hohoho

Comment

hoo hoo hoo (cough ... sputter)

Comment

This is one case where stupid is an understatement. Look at the moves. Throwing in the second rounder for Bradford. Basically giving away McCoy. Signing the Roach to a team-unfriendly contract and then misusing him to the point where he's complaining to the owner. Letting Mathis go for nothing without any replacement. And don't forget denying he was the GM at the end of the season. Almost any of those are firing offenses. Add them up and you can't keep him as GM.

Personally I would have let him stay as HC if he gave up GM but sounds like neither side was interested in that. I think the negative player input was the deciding factor for Lurie. At least thats what he implied.
                    Last edited by Maniac; 01-14-2016, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Everyone keeps hanging these bad contracts on chip. Who was negotiating the money?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                        Everyone keeps hanging these bad contracts on chip. Who was negotiating the money?
                        Chip had final say last year but doesn't seem like there was much negotiation. Players and teams named their prices and Chip said yes. Except to Maclin.

Comment

Chip had final say on personnel, who was negotiating the money? Howie wasn't just jock strap manager.

Comment

Impolite.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                              Personally I would have let him stay as HC if he gave up GM but sounds like neither side was interested in that. I think the negative player input was the deciding factor for Lurie. At least thats what he implied.
                              Nah, blame Howie.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                                Chip had final say on personnel, who was negotiating the money? Howie wasn't just jock strap manager.
                                Maybe it's sabotage but Howie's contracts before Chip weren't that bad. At least Howie understood value in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X