• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
    Beat it, kid. Let the adults talk.
    Answer my question

Comment

I took a quick glance at their DVOA ratings (I wasn't familiar with Football Outsiders). It appears the reason they may have been #1 was because the league isn't filled with that many great teams. The Steelers, Falcons, and Vikings wins may turn out to be less impressive by the end of the year. I agree the Eagles have one of the best special teams in football but this offense is still below average. The defense is better than average but not enough to bridge the gap of the offensive deficiencies.This team also has too many penalties. I'm not sure if that's in the DVOA or not.

I expect this team to end the year at 8-8, give or take a game, with a good chance to finish last in their division. That's average to me. I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by smg View Post
        If a qb needs a Oline and receivers to perform then he may not be nfl material

You can use no Oline and receivers excuse every week
        That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

You can directly correlate a qb's performance in relation to his o-line.

for all the talk about McNabb having poor receivers...he had Tra Thomas, Jermaine Mayberry, Jamaal Jackson, Hank Fraley, John Runyan, John Welbourn and Todd Herraman.

That was the number one priority for Reid was building a very good o-line...which they did and they kept that going for at least 10 years or so. SO while they struggled at getting quality wideouts, they could always push through.

Plus, McNabb also had Chad Lewis, who was a three time probowler.

Their o-line was consistently a top 5 or top 10 o-line. You can't say that about the eagles o-line as it stands right now.

So yes, you can say that having poor wideouts (considered to be worst in the nfl by many people) and an o-line that has no consistency will affect the qb.

I'm not saying Wentz has been great...he's regressed, but to say that you can't use the o-line and lack of talent on the team as an excuse is not correct.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Just read that Carroll was raving about Wentz, saying that he's very advanced for changing plays at the line of scrimmage and looking off defenders.

Mostly he has mechanics issues which were known before the season. I believe that is why they were originally hoping to sit him so they could spend the season working on them.

That will have to come in the off-season with homework.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
            That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

You can directly correlate a qb's performance in relation to his o-line.

for all the talk about McNabb having poor receivers...he had Tra Thomas, Jermaine Mayberry, Jamaal Jackson, Hank Fraley, John Runyan, John Welbourn and Todd Herraman.

That was the number one priority for Reid was building a very good o-line...which they did and they kept that going for at least 10 years or so. SO while they struggled at getting quality wideouts, they could always push through.

Plus, McNabb also had Chad Lewis, who was a three time probowler.

Their o-line was consistently a top 5 or top 10 o-line. You can't say that about the eagles o-line as it stands right now.

So yes, you can say that having poor wideouts (considered to be worst in the nfl by many people) and an o-line that has no consistency will affect the qb.

I'm not saying Wentz has been great...he's regressed, but to say that you can't use the o-line and lack of talent on the team as an excuse is not correct.

My point is no matter how good a Oline is you will have to make plays at some point because you are not going to be protected all the time

Comment

Originally posted by smg View Post
              My point is no matter how good a Oline is you will have to make plays at some point because you are not going to be protected all the time
              True...but I go back to the redskins game. Wentz breaks tackles...escapes the pocket... Completes a pass to dgb for a long gain and brought back by a penalty.

Even when plays are made... They screw up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                Not to mention the Cockroaches got lucky. They wanted Lynch and then Driskell, settled for Dak.
                It is even more crazy. They wanted Wentz and didn't move up. Then Lynch and Broncos took him, then Connor Cook and Oakland jumped in front. They drafted Prescott. Their backup QB (Moore?) gets hurt, he then gets backup job, plays in preseason, then Romo goes down again. Sounds like a damn movie!

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                  Same here. Prescott has it made in the shade in Dallas. It's up to Howie to give Wentz the appropriate supporting cast.

Right now, Wentz is throwing to guys who make Pinkston and Thrash look like Rice and Taylor and has a mediocre, patchwork group of running backs. And yet, yesterday was pretty much the first game they lost where they weren't at least in it at the end.
                  He has it easier, no doubt.

Comment

Wentz throws pass to Ertz ... serious YAC for a TD ... Agholor lines up wrong.

Meanwhile, David Carr throws balls to two guys last night who go another 30-40 yards after the catch for TDs and he gets credit for about 80 additional yards of passing and 2 scores.
                    Last edited by slag; 11-22-2016, 01:15 PM.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I don't think so Slizz.
                      I still Believe that McNabb could have won an SB.
                      And I also believe that the NoDak will be the QB for the next 10-12 years, so at 64 yrs.
                      old, If he doesn't win an SB, then I, and the other older Igglephans, will not get to experience one and realize a life's dream.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                        Yeah, I was saying yesterday that I think it's soon time to just admit that the dude isn't that good.
                        You sir, are an impatient dumbass.

Comment

That post is about Bradford, dumbass.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

That post is about Bradford, dumbass.
                            Lol Hahahaha

Comment

Someone hook this shit to my fucking veins

"Oh, but there's no WRs."

"Oh, but the play calling."

When in reality, we got an outclassed ginger while the fucking cuntboys got studs at qb and we without selling the farm.

I want to be optimistic, but I'm braced for this reality.
                              Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                              significant.

If anyone wants to breathlessly love Dakota Prescott, they can. I'll take Wentz - Doug needs to dial him back though, he's trying to do too much. This season is a learning experience.

Hopefully, Jeffy and Co. learned from the McNabb experience and get Wentz some weapons and keeps the line generally well stocked.
                              Hot takes of 2016

Comment

Bwahahahaha

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                                Hot takes of 2016
                                Love for Bradford and dak... What a perfect time to go geighback..

Comment

Working...
                                X