Complacency.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complacency.

This is the #1 issue beside the horrid coaching, secondary and offensive problems. If they don’t get some motivation, this season is finished.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I think this has nothing to do with the season thus far. Last year, everything went right...everything. This year, they were bound to fall back down to Earth. This regularly happens after championships, MVP seasons, rushing titles, etc. I don't think it's cause and effect. Just a natural regression to the mean.

A prime example of this would be Wentz's TDs last season. For a run-heavy team by today's standards, it was insane that Wentz almost led the league in TDs while missing 2+ games. I hate to say we'll see more games like the one today than 4 TD games from Wentz this year.

Comment

You thought you saw good effort today? Dropped passes, defenders not tackling, defenders out of position several times...

There’s a different attitude on this team right now. It seems like complacency to me, but maybe I’m wrong...

Comment

Agreed and we'll said. It's a long season, they'll win their division. Just be healthy and playing well in December

Comment

Pathetic ... tackling was a joke
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

PS - meanwhile, although expected, Gomer tells Mike Quick after the game that they did not lose for lack of effort

Comment

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think those things were a result of complacency. Agholor dropped multiple passes. I don't think he's complacent. I do think he's naturally falling back to earth after having a statistically *very* lucky TD season.

I think the Eagles beat themselves today. But the Titans made the playoffs last year, are going to make the playoffs this year, and have won 12 of 14 at home. This game would have been a quality victory, not a throwaway.

I think Pederson lost them the game. His playcalling on the last possession in regulation was absurd. Inexplicable use of fades and non-use of timeouts. But it's hard for me to call him complacent, even if it was the worst game he's coached since @ Dallas in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                PS - meanwhile, although expected, Gomer tells Mike Quick after the game that they did not lose for lack of effort
                I'm guessing what he says to Mike Quick isn't what he says to the team. There are some players making maximum effort - Wentz, Smallwood, Ajayi, Jenkins, Agholor, Cox - but not the majority.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                  I'm guessing what he says to Mike Quick isn't what he says to the team. There are some players making maximum effort - Wentz, Smallwood, Ajayi, Jenkins, Agholor, Cox - but not the majority.
                  You don’t think Ertz is? Do you know how hard it is to start a season a month and a half after everyone else? Pushing injury treatment off because you are still in it? Peters is coming back from a serious injury at a advanced age and the QB tore his knew up and has not played in 10 months. The Patriots are 2 and 2 also, might say something about what a prolonged run in the post season takes out of a team.

We all need to relax. The season starts in October.
                  Last edited by 1960; 09-30-2018, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Nobody on the Eagles should be relaxing.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

This is true. Seattle in 2014 after they won the SB went 3-3 before they started rolling again to 12-4. With a move or 2, this team can do it. Maybe not 12-4, but 11-5 win division possible bye is still do-able.

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                      You don’t think Ertz is? Do you know how hard it is to start a season a month and a half after everyone else? Pushing injury treatment off because you are still in it? Peters is coming back from a serious injury at a advanced age and the QB tore his knew up and has not played in 10 months. The Patriots are 2 and 2 also, might say something about what a prolonged run in the post season takes out of a team.

We all need to relax. The season starts in October.

Comment

What moves?? While a major shot of adrenaline is needed, I don’t see where it’s coming from. They don’t need one, but two starting CB’s, the D Line isn’t getting it done, it ain’t like they were overworked it was like a full hour between Titan possessions after Iggs go up 17-3. A great defense slams the door right there and then.

Watched the end of the Bears Cards game a few weeks ago, Cards needed a Hail Mary the Bears could’ve played it safe but instead they buried Rosen before he had a remote chance.

The calvary ain’t coming, 2017 was magical by the simple fact you aren’t going to win many championships giving up over 600 yards of offense in a game. This defense just isn’t that good.

Comment

I never understood not going hard after the QB on 3d or 4th and long ... Jim Johnson sure did and his defenses were a fuckload better than Schwantz's.

Lost in the reverie last year is that they gave up 500 yards passing in the Super Bowl and that they won a lot of games (particularly on the road) because Wentz was throwing 4 TDs.
                          Last edited by slag; 10-01-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I'm not picking up for the Eagles D but watching other games, scoring is up everywhere and offenses when they get in 4th Down territory are almost impossible to stop with the penalties and shit being called. It's not just the Eagles, it's league wide. That vaunted Jacksonville D couldn't stop the Patriots in the 2nd Half last years AFC Champ game, Atlanta blew a 28-3 lead against them in SB 51. It was all about sacking the QB now that gets called sometimes. when the whistle blew at the end of the 4th Quarter yesterday they gave up 20 points. That should be enough to win in this league. Outscoring happened the last 2 Super Bowls and will continue to do so. You have to score 25 or more to win now.

Comment

Wentz threw 4 TDs in the road once last season. And it was the game in which he tore his ACL.

Comment

Working...
                              X