X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A more realistic plan

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    Recap:

Tank the last game and luck out to get to 15.

Then offer a second round pick and move up to 6 or 7. Wait until the draft approaches (and of course, no other team will know your intentions thus far) and try to trade far less than what Washington did from the 5th spot (which by the way, included that 2nd round pick you just gave up earlier). ... and don't forget to tell Mariota that he won't play for any other NFL team but the Eagles. But for Mariota to do so, he'll probably need some compensation assurances for pissing off roughly half of the NFL teams.

To add: Also, the Eagles will need to hope that the "first pick trading partner" will want to gamble against the Eagles future success. Meaning, they believe the Eagles will do significant worse and thus be compensated much higher than the original 15th slot. Otherwise, why not deal with Tampa, TN, Washington, Chicago, Jets instead.

Philly media rocks.
    Would be to trade the rights to Shady to Oakland, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, and Jax for each of them to be able to use him for four games next year in a novel sort of a time share arrangement, and then get each of their first round draft picks in the draft plus the rights to Ken Stabler, Warren Sapp, Warren Moon, and MJD. And they'd each probably throw in a fourth rounder too.

That makes more sense to me.

DB
    DB

Comment

I really like the illegal tampering angle with Mariota that Eckel suggested, but...

your suggestion is way more realistic and thought out. Maybe the Eagles could include Fred Biletnikoff along with his associate to the college WR award. A good marketing move. Get that Al Davis memorial eternal flame from their stadium too! The Eagles could use it for roasting marshmallows in a party section of an end zone.

Comment

Last year at this time Johnny Football was considered a lock to be a top 5 pick and very possibly #1 overall. Just sayin.

A better scenario is to work out a deal with Mariota where he smokes pot on New Years eve and tweets photos of his stoned ass holding a big, fat blunt... while giving gang signs. Problem solved.

An even better, pipe dream solution at QB is about the rumor rumblings in New Orleans. Some are saying the Saints are ready to move on from Brees in the near future. He'll turn 36 before next season. Not an entirely unrealistic thought, though doubtful.
        Last edited by The Ref; 12-24-2014, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Fraud

Comment

It struck me

Originally posted by Shut Up, Stop Posting View Post
            Fraud
            That post was nowhere near condescending enough.
            DB

Comment

Originally posted by Shut Up, Stop Posting View Post
              Fraud
              Stop reading.

Comment

yet another contradiction

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                Last year at this time Johnny Football was considered a lock to be a top 5 pick and very possibly #1 overall. Just sayin.

A better scenario is to work out a deal with Mariota where he smokes pot on New Years eve and tweets photos of his stoned ass holding a big, fat blunt... while giving gang signs. Problem solved.

An even better, pipe dream solution at QB is about the rumor rumblings in New Orleans. Some are saying the Saints are ready to move on from Brees in the near future. He'll turn 36 before next season. Not an entirely unrealistic thought, though doubtful.
                you do know this guy was selected, nurtured and coached by Chip Kelly, right?
                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                May 7, 2010

Comment

Kelly will never get to the promised land without a QB. Could be Foles but I doubt it. Doesn't have the mobility. They must draft a serious challenger for Foles. Kelly is on the clock now and can't throw away another year simply finding out if Foles is the next Kevin Klob.

That said they better be damned sure before trading the ranch for Mariota. I don't think I'd do it. They should be able to find a guy with the right tools without a major deal. They don't need John Elway. They need Russell Wilson.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I've moved away from wanting to draft a spread offense QB in the first round. The learning curve is too big. However, the relationship between Chip and MM would shorten that curve.
                    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                      That is why Eckle is the biggest idiot in journalism

Comment

He puts the defense together and Foles can play from the pocket all game
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Not likely that Kelly is going to build the 86 Bears or 2000 Ravens. Hell, even the Seahawks defense needed Russell Wilson playing QB.

You don't want to see them draft a real challenger to Foles? Doesn't have to be Mariota.

Or do you think they should go into next season with a couple of stiffs like Barkley and Sanchez behind him?
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Please ... the Seahawks offense doesn't score like the Eagles. In fact it sucks sufficiently that it needs Wilson to run more than he should.

That offense loses Lynch and they are truly fucked.

If Wilson continues to run like he does, his ass will be on the sideline before long.

Enough with the read option ... this ain't college ... you can use it here and there .. it's nice to have ... but it's not essential like you're trying to make it out.

And I really don't see why Kelly can't put together a good defense aside from you declaring it so.
                            Last edited by slag; 12-25-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Off topic.

I have an argument with a friend all the time regarding Wilson. He thinks Wilson is better than Luck. I appreciate the things that Wilson can do, but come on!

Comment

The NFL will catch up to Wilson faster than it will to Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X