Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Clement be our best untrafted FA ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correll Buckhalter 2.0

Comment

Buckhalter 2.0 is perfectly fine since Pederson isn't Reid 2.0.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
        Any idea why he went undrafted? He looks like a great weapon at RB how could he have gone so unnoticed?
        Staley had him lose weight when he came to the Eagles. He dropped about 10-15 pounds from 225-230 at Wisconsin to 212-215 with the Eagles.

This isn't the place I originally saw it but it's talked about here.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...-20180524.html
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

Clement was thought in some media circles to be a Heisman candidate out of HS.

Then he had an up and down college career ... disorderly conduct off the field issue from a fight ... very good sophomore and senior seasons but was injured as a junior and got a bad rap as a head case and not durable.

Douglas and Howlo took a low risk shot ... bullseye.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I expect the Eagles to use one of their second-rounders in next year's draft for a running back to replace Ajayi. Running back by committee is a smarter option in today's NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
              Running back by committee is a smarter option in today's NFL.
              I tend to agree, especially if each player has a somewhat different skill set.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Great! Buckhalter looked like something special before destroying both knees, and he still had a nice career.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I liked Buckhalter. Clement has a role. I just don't see him as a lead back. I hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

BY WEEK EIGHT, CLEMENT WILL GET MORE TOUCHES THAN ANYONE ELSE ON OFFENSE.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I do ... but what do I know?

Comment

Potential issue at RB may be what we discussed here last year: ie. whether Ajayi would squawk about carries, which was reported to be why Gase dumped him to us for a bag of donuts.

Appears he bought in to the team concept though, and he got a ring as a result, so maybe there's nothing there.

But it's a different year ... we'll see.

Comment

I AGREE. I KINDA THINK WITH THAT HARDWARE WEIGHING DOWN HIS HAND, HE WON'T BE BITCHIN THIS YEAR.
                          CAN ALWAYS THREATEN TO TRADE HIM TO CLEVELAND FOR A SIX PACK OF WARM BEER IF HE ACTS UP.

BUT I THINK HE'LL TEAM UP.
                          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I honestly believe the problem in Miami was Gase and not Ajayi, in the same way the problem was Chump and not Jackson or McCoy.

Comment

Probably so ... Ajayi didn't cause any problems last year and genuinely seemed to get along with Clement on Jimmy Kimmel after the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                                I honestly believe the problem in Miami was Gase and not Ajayi, in the same way the problem was Chump and not Jackson or McCoy.
                                I know it's not a popular opinion but I truly believe this team won because they got rid of selfish players like Jackson and McCoy. Where Chump went wrong is what he got in return for both them.

Ajayi is still on a contract year so anything can happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X