"We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

As they should.

Comment

Why?

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
        As they should.
        Please expound.
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

What amuses me is that he feels the need to force his players to do his bidding.

With the right culture (that's right, I used the word), you don't need to "force" anybody. Jeffrey Lurie, despite all of his arguable issues leading up to the current Eagles regime, has been supportive of the causes his players endorse, and everybody seems unified in reserving their right to demonstrate (as opposed to protest) respectfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
            Please expound.
            Please figure it out. I shouldn’t have to explain it to you..

Comment

Nice answer, you chickenshit asshole

I asked nicely for you to explain your statement and the best you've got is a Trumptardian schoolyard reply.
              In other words you've got nothing, NOTHING AT ALL!
              "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Always the best response. It plays better than: I don't really have a good argument and I just wanted to state something and not be required to back it up.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

I asked nicely for you to explain your statement and the best you've got is a Trumptardian schoolyard reply.
                  In other words you've got nothing, NOTHING AT ALL!
                  You call me a chickenshit asshole and I’m the one that’s throwing the tantrum? You are a typical liberal douchebag that has more bark than bite. Typical fucking left wing asshole.. douchbags like you are th reason Trump will win again and pussies like you will throw yourself on the floor like the fucking child you are..

Comment

Meanwhile, dipshit.............

You haven't said ONE word to explain your original assertion.

Of course you haven't. Typical brain dead Trumptard. A sad, sad little man.

BTW, I am not a "left wing asshole" I am a proud member of the East Coast Elite; Well educated and quite able to have independent thoughts.

Comment

BTW, I am not a "left wing asshole" I am a proud member of the East Coast Elite; Well educated and quite able to have independent thoughts.
                      Okay asshole. Its about respect for every man and woman that fought and died for that flag and every vet that served this country. Including members of this board. Are there bad cops in this country? Absolutely, do they deserve to be in prison for killing unarmed members of Society? Of course. But to conduct a protest of our nations colors are pure bullshit and disrespectful to every member of our armed forces. You want to protest? Do it on your own time like every other member of society has to do. Funny how minorities hate being sterotyped as criminals, welfare collectors, and uneducated but it’s okay to sterotype every cop in this country as an overzealous trigger happy killer.

Comment

Okay asshole. Its about respect for every man and woman that fought and died for that flag and every vet that served this country. Including members of this board. Are there bad cops in this country? Absolutely, do they deserve to be in prison for killing unarmed members of Society? Of course. But to conduct a protest of our nations colors are pure bullshit and disrespectful to every member of our armed forces. You want to protest? Do it on your own time like every other member of society has to do. Funny how minorities hate being sterotyped as criminals, welfare collectors, and uneducated but it’s okay to sterotype every cop in this country as an overzealous trigger happy killer.
                        Wow, way to live up to the stereotype of the aggrieved Trumptard who is constantly foaming at the mouth.

I am sorry that your life as a white, Christian, male American has been so difficult.

Tough titties.

Comment

Why are you stereotyping that anyone who demonstrates during the national anthem has no respect for the military and veterans?

The United States is not a military dictatorship and the national anthem is not a symbol meant to exclusively represent the military. It represents America, therefore all Americans - not a select few. That's the issue being raised - that certain Americans are not afforded the same rights as others.

Demonstrating during the national anthem is a peaceful way for citizens to speak out against an injustice that they see. You are deciding that it means something else. You're not being forced to demonstrate. You're not being forced to even agree with the perceived injustice. The demonstrations aren't about you unless you are part of the injustice.
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

Because he is the owner of the team and therefore the boss of the players and he can dictate to his employees workplace rules and regulations as long as they do not violate and labor laws. Just like every other employee in society follows rules and regulations from their employer on a daily basis. When you write the checks you make the rules and if you do not like the rules then put yourself in the position to write the checks.

Comment

Originally posted by rdog5 View Post
                              Because he is the owner of the team and therefore the boss of the players and he can dictate to his employees workplace rules and regulations as long as they do not violate and labor laws. Just like every other employee in society follows rules and regulations from their employer on a daily basis. When you write the checks you make the rules and if you do not like the rules then put yourself in the position to write the checks.
                              Equating the NFL and its owners and players to "typical" employees and employers isn't always a great comparison.

The NFL has collective bargaining and players that are under contracts which cannot be simply dissolved with repercussions. Jerry can talk a good game, but I'm willing to bet that if Zack Martin suddenly decided not to follow the "Anthem Rule" he's not getting released unless there is specific language in his contract that he has to pay money back if he breaches that rule.

The $40 cap hit to release him is a nice shield. And the fact that he's the highest paid and won of the best players on the team is going to keep him on the field.

So comparing the jobs of NFL players to typical wage and salary workers is about as useful as comparing the federal budget to household credit cards.
                              Last edited by TerpEagle; 07-26-2018, 06:12 PM.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                              X