New insight into Jackson-receivers' coach spat vs. Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDuggernaut View Post
    Only Desean Jackson can play his way out of a job in a 195 yard effort. Guess that sums him up in a nutshell

Damn JD, that's gonna leave a mark!

Comment

So

Some people have a vendetta against Jackson for some reason. Damn conservatives. See, that goes both ways.

You know, some people didn't like Cooper before he went to a Kenny Chesney concert. I didn't like him out of college. Glad that he had a good year and hope he improves from here, but your love affair with him is puzzling, since you sem to believe that anyone will put up numbers under Chip.
      you don't think he makes amazing catches? Guess we are watching different games. I have no vendetta against Jackson, i just don't think he fits the type of receiver Chip wants, and he pissed the wrong people off acting like a diva last season...so let him go ruin another team....it was the right move, people need to get over it. Once Foles took over, Coop was by far the better receiver production wise. Jackson was used as a luxury, not a primary option once Foles took over.

Comment

Originally posted by weizer View Post
        you don't think he makes amazing catches? Guess we are watching different games. I have no vendetta against Jackson, i just don't think he fits the type of receiver Chip wants, and he pissed the wrong people off acting like a diva last season...so let him go ruin another team....it was the right move, people need to get over it. Once Foles took over, Coop was by far the better receiver production wise. Jackson was used as a luxury, not a primary option once Foles took over.
        He makes nice catches, but he also makes some terrible drops, so you can't say he has great hands. Jackson had more targets and more yards from Foles than anyone last year, so he was indeed the primary option. If Maclin comes back at full strength, then I predict by the end of 2015, Cooper will be the 3rd guy at receiver. NFL-caliber receiver for sure, but hardly great.

I wouldn't even have a problem with you touting Cooper like you do if it didn't always seem to come as a slight to what Jackson was able to do in Philly.

Comment

He makes nice catches, but he also makes some terrible drops, so you can't say he has great hands. Jackson had more targets and more yards from Foles than anyone last year, so he was indeed the primary option. If Maclin comes back at full strength, then I predict by the end of 2015, Cooper will be the 3rd guy at receiver. NFL-caliber receiver for sure, but hardly great.

I wouldn't even have a problem with you touting Cooper like you do if it didn't always seem to come as a slight to what Jackson was able to do in Philly.

Honestly I think Coop had by far more "spectacular" catches than Djax, esp. the one hand grabs and jump balls in heavy traffic.

But the biggest difference between the two wasn't yards or catches, it was the fact that if Coop (or Avant for that matter) weren't getting balls thrown their way, they still had their head in the game.

Djax, not so much, I think that part of being a diva has no place in Kelly's squad.

JMHO.

Comment

I guess it would be impolite to point out . . .

Once Foles took over, Coop was by far the better receiver production wise. Jackson was used as a luxury, not a primary option once Foles took over.
            from http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...reat-teammate/,

Foles had better chemistry with Riley Cooper, some have argued. The only problem? The theory’s not really rooted in fact.

Foles had great numbers to pretty much every receiver on the Eagles last year. But on throws to Jackson, he was 50-for-71 (70.4 percent) for 808 yards and seven touchdowns. On throws to Cooper, he was 34-for-57 (59.6 percent) for 673 yards and seven scores.
            Or to point out that Cooper had 5 of his 7 TDs and 1/3 of his yards w/ Foles t QB in just 2 games, against Oakland and GB. And while I hope to see another offensive explosion like the one against Oakland, given the historical nature of Foles' performance it isn't likely. The people bashing Jackson for his numbers in the last few games of the season should take a look at Cooper's numbers. He didn't have over 75 yards receiving after week 10.

Comment

Take the jump balls out of the equation

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
              Honestly I think Coop had by far more "spectacular" catches than Djax, esp. the one hand grabs and jump balls in heavy traffic.

But the biggest difference between the two wasn't yards or catches, it was the fact that if Coop (or Avant for that matter) weren't getting balls thrown their way, they still had their head in the game.

Djax, not so much, I think that part of being a diva has no place in Kelly's squad.

JMHO.
              One is 6'4", and the other is 5'10" Not really a fair fight. DeSean won't be catching any corner fades anytime soon.
              Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 05-15-2014, 10:52 AM.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                One is 6'4", and the other is 5'10" Not really a fair fight. DeSean won't be catching any corner fades anytime soon.

So then are you also going to take all of the fly route catches out of the equation?

One has 4.3 speed the other 4.7?
                Last edited by Eagle Road; 05-15-2014, 11:07 AM.

Comment

So then are you also going to take all of the fly route catches out of the equation?

to be fair, i think cooper ran a 4.5..but in that same frame i think jackson had an "unofficial" sub 4.3 as well.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                    to be fair, i think cooper ran a 4.5..but in that same frame i think jackson had an "unofficial" sub 4.3 as well.

But you get my point? They each have their strengths, you can't subtract one without subtracting the other.

Comment

But you get my point? They each have their strengths, you can't subtract one without subtracting the other.
                      I do. I do get that completely.
                      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

hahaha

Coop dropped 2 balls all year...everybody always brings up the drop in the playoff game of course, you don't think he hated himself for dropping that ball? He also caught a td in that game, something djax fails to do in every playoff game he plays because good teams just press cover him to death and take him out of the equation.
                        Last edited by weizer; 05-15-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

How is it not rooted in fact?

If they counted the playoff game in your glorious stats, Coop would beat him 8 tds to 7, while being thrown to 1/3 less. Try harder, loser. I would say Coop earned his td's too, Jackson's were all go routes where he just won on speed or blown coverages, if you really want to go all sports science...i bet this would be proven by John Breinkus...degree of difficulty Coop wins hands down.
                          Last edited by weizer; 05-15-2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

That was actually done tongue in cheek

Two totally different skill sets, both valuable in their own way.
                            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

If they counted the playoff game in your glorious stats, Coop would beat him 8 tds to 7, while being thrown to 1/3 less. Try harder, loser. I would say Coop earned his td's too, Jackson's were all go routes where he just won on speed or blown coverages, if you really want to go all sports science...i bet this would be proven by John Breinkus...degree of difficulty Coop wins hands down.
                              Previously you were arguing Cooper would be fine without DeSean and that Cooper was a very good WR. I didn't agree with either of those points, but hey, they both could turn out to be true.

However, now, you seem to be arguing Cooper is a BETTER WR than DeSean, and if that's the case…c'mon man. Even Riley Cooper doesn't think he's a better WR than DeSean Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                                Two totally different skill sets, both valuable in their own way.

I gotcha, EIO sometimes it gets hard to keep the sarcasm meter in check around here, it's all good.

Comment

Working...
                                X