X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooks suffers from

Anxiety disorder as per the most recent report

That's tough.

What I'm wondering though, is didn't he deal with this in Houston, too? Did Howie get the scoop on this before he gave him $40 million?
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Missed two games there as well.

Howie probably thought they'd just get him a case of Mylanta and he'd be fine.
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Joker View Post
        Anxiety disorder as per the most recent report
        Shawn Andrews II

Comment

Nah. There's a difference between being plain crazy / not wanting to play (Andrews) and having to deal with anxiety attacks (Brooks). Brooks will be fine with treatment or meds or both. I give him mad props for standing up and admitting he has an issue publicly. It's actually his personal business, but he came out and shared.
          WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Yeah. If he wants to get help and play, he'll be able to do it. Good for him. They can certainly use him.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Brooks said it's not about wanting to play. He said he has an obsession with the game and that he is a perfectionist

Comment

I'm wondering the same thing about back in Houston. Once it's diagnosed there are both quick acting and longer term pharma therapies that can be used. I have an anxiety/panic issue that started in 2011 following an unrelated medical scare. Took me a while but Xanax (short term) and Celexa (daily) along with nearly two years of therapy have allowed me to resume a normal life. But as an example, I missed going to an Eagles game because I woke up at 4am freaking out that something might happen to me while I was there. Your brain is a finely tuned machine until it gets out of whack and then - watch out. I could barely leave my house for about a year without having 'issues.' I wish him luck. It's not a pleasant situation to find yourself in and even harder to admit to.
                Last edited by nor'easter; 12-14-2016, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Well if he is a perfectionist working with this line would give anyone anxiety!
                  On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Thanks for posting this. Someone close to me is/was in a very similar boat to yours. It's difficult for others to understand what it's like. I'm sure I don't fully "get it" either, but I definitely understand it's not something you can just "power through."

Comment

Got me bad a few times. One time at an Eagles' game - got a ride to the hospital via an ambulance due to heart attack like symptoms. It wasn't the Eagles or the game (LOL); induced by work/life stress. Still on mild meds and under control. Crazy shit and hard for folks to understand unless you've experienced it.
                      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

rj: I've got it and I still don't get it. But it sounds like you're being a good friend/mate. It took my buddies a while to understand why I couldn't go somewhere or do something with them. Now that they know they just give me casual crap about it.
                        Cork: had the same ambulance ride.
                        Me - so what's my BP?
                        EMT - it's high.
                        Me - how high
                        EMT - 200 over 100
                        Me - mmmmm. Good bowling score over bad golf score = fuck me

Comment

I was in the bowels of the Vet next to the infamous "jail cell." After they checked my vitals, they got me outta there as fast as they could. First and only time in my life I left a building laying down! They worst was having the attacks on a plane, which I've had. Knock wood: can't remember the last time I had a full blown attack (~15 years).
                          WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
                            Knock wood: can't remember the last time I had a full blown attack (~15 years).
                            That's fantastic!
                            I flew for the first time in five years back in March. Before that I had trouble even standing in the TSA line let alone getting on the plane.
                            Initially you think you're the only one who's got something like this and can't understand why it's happening and then you start to realize you're not alone.
                            Thanks for sharing and take care. I owe you for the online therapy session.

Comment

I can testify on the job stress thing. I was losing my shit (in the car) on a daily basis, and I finally had to walk away from a place I worked for 25 years. I realized the seriousness of it when I went for a stress test (for another issue), and after the treadmill workout, my heart rate never went completely back to normal.

The wife hated me quitting, but I told her that otherwise I'd be leaving the job in a straight jacket or a pine box. I still get some anxiety issues, but the change of environment reduced it a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X