X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI Article On Sixers/Kawhi

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/06/28/ka...celtics-lakers

The TL;DR version:

Sixers haven't made an offer yet but are discussing it in house. Reports are that San Antonio likes RoCo and Dario. Trade would be centered around those two and the Miami 2021 pick. Also, Kawhi prefers LA but he's shown some willingness to sign in some other big market city because as of now, being in San Antonio, his sneak endorsement (Jordan Brand) extension talks are not going well. It is also believed that he and Brett maintain a "good" relationship from Brett's days in SA.

I love Dario and RoCo, but if you can get Kawhi in the building for just those two + a pick and still keep whatever potential Markelle and Zhaire Smith have...DO IT. It might unlock the LeBron signing too.

I agree with this. If also keeps him out of Boston.

Comment

To much to give up for a one year rental -- way to much. Only if he would agree to a long team contract. Doubt that will happen.

Rather --have Evans and Hezonja, and Luc Mbah a Moute. Would improve the club at multiple spots without giving up good young talent and an unprotected pick in what might be the draft of the next decade. All for a most likely 1 freaking year rental.

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
        To much to give up for a one year rental -- way to much. Only if he would agree to a long team contract. Doubt that will happen.

Rather --have Evans and Hezonja, and Luc Mbah a Moute. Would improve the club at multiple spots without giving up good young talent and an unprotected pick in what might be the draft of the next decade. All for a most likely 1 freaking year rental.
        It's worth it if signing LeBron is contingent on making the deal.

Comment

The combined powers of Dario and RoCo doesn’t equal one (healthy) Kawhi. That Miami pick was acquired for this exact scenario. Better to move it now when Miami has a cap strapped team with no real stars than in a few years when their cap clears, Riley works his magic and the value of that pick has diminished. Right now, that pick could be ANYTHING, but in a year or two there might be a clearer picture of who Miami will be by then.

Look, I understand not wanting to risk it on a 1-year rental, but Paul George was definitely headed to LA, the Thunder took a chance and now it looks like he’s re-signing in OKC.

Any combination of Mbah a Moute, Tyreke and Mario Hezonja doesn’t make you better than Boston, let alone a legitimate threat to GS or HOU. I’m all for letting our “lil dudes” grow, which is why I’d jump at this deal if Markelle and Zhaire aren’t in it, but stars are stars and that’s how you win in the NBA.

No matter how much I love watching Dario play and how solid a defender RoCo is, Kawhi Leonard is worth the risk.
          Last edited by Sect 236; 06-30-2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

I think this may be a clue regarding LeBron heading to LA. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sure seems like it.

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/statu...98068580151297

Comment

Simmons is in Australia. I know LeBron said he didn’t want elaborate pitches but you’d think if we had any shot at all, LeBron’s protege and agency mate would be in the room.

Comment

If LeBron needs to still be convinced to come here, I'm ok if he heads to LA. Yo homes, smell ya later.
                Last edited by Snakebitten; 06-30-2018, 10:48 PM.

Comment

It’s “holmes“ but I enjoy a good Fresh Prince reference either way.

Windhorst has spent days saying LeBron isn’t sure about his fit playing next to Joel but now he’s beating the drum that LA’s other big signing could be Boogie. Boogie, who plays similarly to Joel and is coming off an Achilles injury. Windhorst also says we could get another crack at LeBron next summer bc this night only be a one year deal with LA, which, I don’t understand why he’d sign one year to play with LA’s kids and be AT BEST #3 in the West

Edit to add: Ironically enough on the Fresh Prince reference, I have a feeling they’ll be saying that exact thing to Richaun this summer.
                  Last edited by Sect 236; 07-01-2018, 06:02 AM.

Comment

There is some dispute on the holmes versus homes issue ... but who really gives a shit?

https://genius.com/Dj-jazzy-jeff-and...bel-air-lyrics

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/w/will+sm..._20146970.html

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/djja...themesong.html
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I think the plan is to see if LeBron can build his superteam this year and, if he can't, try again next year. A lot more players will be available next year with these one-year options. George was a lock to go to LA so I'm not banking on anything Windbag says. George didn't even meet with LA and now he's backpedaling. I'm not sure Cousins works.

FWIW, I always thought 'holmes' was Spanglish and 'homes' was short for 'homeboy/homie'. It appears to be one of life's great mysteries.

Comment

Working...
                      X