X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haters gonna hate. Do you.

Comment

Sixers Related Truths

Ben and Joel are talented players but they haven't won a damn thing yet. You need to win a championship to truly ever be considered elite -- sorry. Inconvenient truth.

Ben and Joel have room to grow into naturally hungry, poised leaders on the court.

Ben and Joel can definitely improve their ability to take a game over a la Jimmy last night.

Ben and Joel are physical specimens with nearly LIMITLESS talent.

When on -- the role players on this team are adequate to augment Ben and Joel performing at 75%. Jimmy Butler is the only player on the team capable of taking them to a win when Ben and Joel are operating at 50%, which they were last night on the offensive end.

You must bring it on offense AND defense. See LeBron 2016 Finals Game 7 -- 27 11 11, AND The Block. That's elite. Stop calling these guys elite. They have elite potential.

The Sixers consistently allow themselves to lose 15+ point leads. That's on Brett. Unacceptable.

Brett has proven in these playoffs that they are willing to accept his coaching and adapt. Very positive. But it should not get to that point. You go down to GSW 0-2 its a wrap.

This team is likely maturing before our eyes. They MAY succeed, even in these playoffs, but to do that they will need to play a complete series.

That doesn't mean sweeping someone -- but its the WAY you lose. Please be in aggressive pursuit of winning every game. You play like you did in the first half yesterday, and you lose, that's OK.
      Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Very fair assessment of the current situation. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither were the Sixers.

They need to stick with their foundation which is Jo AND Ben, this is not an either/or situation. The narrative that they don't play well together is WIP-generated horseshit.
        Last edited by 06hawkalum; 04-30-2019, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I'm trying to find the thread that creates the fracture between the fans.

I think it is that yes, Rome was not built in a day. All human endeavors take time. These are young men that are maturing and learning.

But by imputing the elite label onto those two you imply that they are able to do things that are super human right now. And when they then play average or slightly above average and look lost, emotionally affected in a 20 point loss in the playoffs-- you wind up looking crazy. "You" not you.

Everyone would be well served to be more discerning in their labeling of these guys as stars. If they were genuine stars today you'd not be star hunting.
          Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Embiid is a star. He just needs to stay healthy. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
              I'm trying to find the thread that creates the fracture between the fans.

I think it is that yes, Rome was not built in a day. All human endeavors take time. These are young men that are maturing and learning.

But by imputing the elite label onto those two you imply that they are able to do things that are super human right now. And when they then play average or slightly above average and look lost, emotionally affected in a 20 point loss in the playoffs-- you wind up looking crazy. "You" not you.

Everyone would be well served to be more discerning in their labeling of these guys as stars. If they were genuine stars today you'd not be star hunting.
              Gonna disagree with that last paragraph. Embiid is a borderline superstar when healthy and Simmons is certainly a star.

They went "star hunting" because the conventional wisdom in the LeBron era is that only "super teams" comprised of three to four all-star caliber players win titles.
              Last edited by 06hawkalum; 04-30-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

MY FEELING ON SIMMONS, ME BEING ONLY A FRINGE BASKTBALL WATCHER IS, IF OR WHEN HE DEVELOPS A JUMP SHOT FROM 10-15 FEET, AND CONTINUES ON HIS PATH, HE WILL BE THAT STAR PLAYER THAT SOME THINK HE IS ALREADY.
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                X