No announcement yet.

Jimmy Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simmons took 1.5 shots per game less than Butler. A possession is a possession and a non-jump shot is still a shot. There are only so many possessions/shots to go around with this starting lineup.

So he might score 16 ppg instead of 23-25, but he's going to play great defense and be the veteran leader on the team. IMHO, he's worth a max deal. Unless you tell me we can land Leonard or Durant instead - because that's part of the conversation, too. What's the alternative?
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
      Simmons took 1.5 shots per game less than Butler. A possession is a possession and a non-jump shot is still a shot. There are only so many possessions/shots to go around with this starting lineup.

So he might score 16 ppg instead of 23-25, but he's going to play great defense and be the veteran leader on the team. IMHO, he's worth a max deal. Unless you tell me we can land Leonard or Durant instead - because that's part of the conversation, too. What's the alternative?
      He’s a max player as long as just 1 nba team gives him a max deal. If it’s not the Sixers, it will 100% be someone else...

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        What's the alternative?
        That's the biggest question. If there's no alternatives, I guess they have no choice. This is where I prefer Hinkie to Brand. I always felt anything was possible with the way he accumulated assets and made moves. I know it's not a popular opinion but I'm just not sold on Brand yet.

Comment

I don't disagree.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Jimmy is certainly a max player now and probably the next 2-3 years. The problem will be with the back end of the contract if signed, and his injury potential. Letting him or Tobias walk means you gave up lots of potential assets for nothing, which would sting. Jimmy's defense is one of those things that is harder to see, but it is incredible. RoCo was also great on D, and he may have been an upgrade.

Comment

Working...
            X