Hey Spine! I always knew U, Me and Stanley Clark had something In common

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Spine! I always knew U, Me and Stanley Clark had something In common

Obviously were all bass virtuoso's,,,but did you know his other allegiance?

Met him when I was 15; have always been in awe of the guy,,but this makes me like him even more.
    Last edited by TRENT; 05-20-2019, 09:11 PM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

HE DEFINES WHAT A BASS GUITARIST IS. THAT WOULD BE A GREAT SHOW TO GO SEE.

EDIT TO ADD: RETURN TO FOREVER, WITH HIM, CHICK COREA, AL DE MEOLA, LENNY WHITE ONE OF MY FAVORITE ALL TIME BANDS.

YOU COULD HANG WITH PLAYIN BASS WITH HIM ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. AND NO I DON'T KNOW OTHER THAN BEING BORN IN PHILLY.
    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 05-20-2019, 10:39 PM.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Marcus Miller
      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

HE WASN'T IN RETURN TO FOREVER. OUTSTANDING BASSIST AS YOU CAN SEE FROM VIDEO.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Victor Wooten ain't no slouch either.

Comment

I came into my Fodera In 84 I think

ended up being the 8th or 9th bass Mike and Mark ever made,,,was the proto type for the Monarch line. Yup I had that Ax before he did! The ying and yang he's playing is the wooten custom bass made for him, "aka" its his Signature Line of basses... I sold it to a professional bass player in Simi Valley Cali 20 years ago.. I regret it every day.
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

Stanley Clarke

Originally posted by TRENT View Post

Obviously were all bass virtuoso's,,,but did you know his other allegiance?

Met him when I was 15; have always been in awe of the guy,,but this makes me like him even more.
              Silly Putty.

But I always had a soft spot for Slam Stewart, the World's Greatest Bass Player (which is how I saw him introduced at a show).
              DB

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                ended up being the 8th or 9th bass Mike and Mark ever made,,,was the proto type for the Monarch line. Yup I had that Ax before he did! The ying and yang he's playing is the wooten custom bass made for him, "aka" its his Signature Line of basses... I sold it to a professional bass player in Simi Valley Cali 20 years ago.. I regret it every day.
                That is awesome, except obviously for the regret for selling it. I love the sound of Fodera basses. I WILL have one someday! Haven't yet had the chance to see Stanley or Marcus, but I got to see Victor on one his traveling bass clinic tours at the Coastal Grand Mall here in Myrtle Beach about ten years ago. Him and Anthony Wellington. I was stoked when I thought it was gonna be just the two of them, then outta nowhere Steve Bailey shows up with his legendary six string fretless, and the three of them just jam for a good half hour before the clinic started. It was great.
                "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

Working...
                X