Ben Simmons/Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Simmons/Sixers

After hearing all that Magic Johnson shit yesterday I'm convinced he's gone in 2 years going to the Lakers. Should the Sixers consider trading him this off-season and just keep the other 3, or should they take the gamble? I was thinking Butler was the odd man out but now I'm not so sure.

Well, if Magic Johnson wants him, the Sixers should just hand him over. Good grief. I think he is part of the Sixers long term plans and he should be. I can't imagine, with how this team is presently positioned, that they are thinking about much else other than getting to the Eastern Conference Finals asap.
    Last edited by McCarthy12; 02-11-2019, 11:47 AM.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Them allowing Magic to openly recruit is another reason the NBA is a broken product. This would be the third time that fuck has tampered (Lakers fined over a half of million already). The fact that he's trying to make it like Ben came to him will not go over well here. New Orleans front office deserve a lot of credit for what they did to the Lakers last week.

Ben will always be second fiddle to Embiid. He has too many gaps in his game to most likely ever be what Embiid is now. I hope he proves me wrong but watching him shoot is hard on the eyes. I get players get better but the early comparisons to LeBron is laughable. Unfortunately, I don't think they get a return good enough to entertain moving him at this point. I wouldn't be opposed to them bringing in a real point guard but that's highly unlikely. I'm going to just hope his shot finds Jesus and hopes he proves the naysayers (me) wrong.

Comment

Quit being such a cuck.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

MY OPINION IS BEN WANTS TO LEARN AND BE THE BEST HE CAN. THAT'S ALL. NO HIDDEN AGENDA.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

If Magic can help Simmons develop a shot, I could care less what lame pitch he has for him to come to LA (unless that entails a blood transfusion).
            Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Ben is buying a home in the Hills and his girlfriend lives there. He's an LA guy goes there as much as he can when not in Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                Ben is buying a home in the Hills and his girlfriend lives there. He's an LA guy goes there as much as he can when not in Philly.
                You’re describing virtually every NBA player. They’re all in LA or Miami during the summer.

Comment

It’s not like the thought didn’t cross my mind as well

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                  There’s been heavy flirtation for a while.

Simmons = entertainment = Hollywood

Comment

He'll likely be second fiddle on any team with another superstar if he doesn't develop a jumper. He knows that.

I semi-expect Simmons to be gone after his deal but I don't think anyone should be in a rush to show him the door. If the Lakers are such a dream come true for every NBA player ever, how come they haven't been all that good in the last decade?
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

If Simmons wants to learn how to shoot, maybe try Ray Allen or Reggie Miller. Magic Johnson should focus on Lonzo Ball's shot....and stay away from Bryce Harper while he's at it. I'm tired of hearing his name.

Comment

Simmons grew up idolizing Kobe. If he eventually joins the Lakers that will probably be the main impetus.

However, it's pretty clear Embiid has fully embraced Philly as "his" city and will spend his entire prime here.

I would think the desire to continue playing with JoJo will likely keep Simmons in town, especially if they win the trophy this or next season.

We'll find out pretty soon.
                        Last edited by 06hawkalum; 02-11-2019, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Allegedly, Brand nixed this a month ago but Johnson is a tampering douchebag. NBA is investigating. I'm sure they will be as thorough as they were with the Anthony Davis debacle.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/02/11/el...d-76ers-lakers

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                            Simmons grew up idolizing Kobe. If he eventually joins the Lakers that will probably be the main impetus.

However, it's pretty clear Embiid has fully embraced Philly as "his" city and will spend his entire prime here.

I would think the desire to continue playing with JoJo will likely keep Simmons in town, especially if they win the trophy this or next season.

We'll find out pretty soon.
                            He'll stay for at least his rookie contract extension.

Comment

Where do you come up with this shit. Must be WIP.
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                              X