No announcement yet.

Apparently a market hasn’t developed for Nick Foles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Eagles have a zero tolerance for assault against women, but apparently others agree with you on a comeback.

https://amp.si.com/nfl/2019/02/27/tr...n-nfl-comeback

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      My guess was Cincinnati. Without going full geigh back I think I remember saying something along the lines of "I think you are overvaluing the Eagles qbs" or something like it. Let me preface this by saying I respect and appreciate everything Nick has done. Our (OUR) landscape has forever changed because of him. I don't think the league ever viewed or valued foles the way some of us have. He played out of his mind in the nfccg and sb. This year, he played ok but he had bad ints in almost every single game. I bet he ends up signing for something similar to what keenum signed for.

If the eagles could get a 3rd for him they would have. A 3rd rounder this year is more valuable than a 3rd comp next year.
      I think trading Foles was always a pipe dream, but I'd buckle up if Howie thought he could get it done. However, I don't know if it's overvaluation so much as what Foles is. He's a high variance QB who slings it quite a bit. He's also 30 and so he fits a team with a small window of elite talent but no QB. Most teams build from the QB up and so that group of teams is pretty small.

A team like Miami or even Cinci isn't really ready to compete and those resources are better used to build up or find a QB. That really only left Jax and Denver. Denver went with Flacco (which was dumb, haha).

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        I think the Eagles have a zero tolerance for assault against women, but apparently others agree with you on a comeback.

https://amp.si.com/nfl/2019/02/27/tr...n-nfl-comeback
        He still has bad vision. I have watched 2 of his AAF games and there have been huge holes and he just runs right into the back of a guard.

He still has power though and speed but his vision still stinks.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I didn't know he had accusations... Shows how much I pay attention. I was half joking but he's probably a better option than Adams.

Comment

I wouldn’t be surprised if Foles actually came back to the Eagles as a backup. What if the Jags can’t guarantee him a starting gig for at least 3 years and draft a QB? It’s his Rams nightmare all over again potentially. At that point, why move your family for only 1 year perhaps when you can probably stay in Philly playing for an organisation ahd head coach that you love?
            Last edited by bobbyuk; 03-04-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Always thought he'd have a limited market just b/c what he does with Doug and in Philly doesn't mean it'll translate elsewhere.

However, let's disregard the above. There are still some things to consider that may factor in to 'only 1 team wants him':

1. Jax may be only team people are talking about because they know he's going there b/c he wants to work with DeFillippo over taking similar money in NY or WASH. Those 2 teams may already know they have no shot at him on level playing field.

2. Foles isn't a dope. Who in their right mind would want to play for an owner like Snyder?

3. No state income tax in FL

4. Giants have newer coach and both he and Gettleman will ensure themselves a longer tenure if they draft a QB to groom over going with a quick fix.

5. Jax is in a much better position to win and win now over NYG and foreskins. Foles is 30 and doesn't want to rebuild I"m sure. They give him best shot at playoffs and making a run over those trainwrecks.

6. could be a gentleman's agreement between Foles camp and team -- don't tag us and we won't sign in NFC East? collusion but i'm sure that kind of shit happens all the time behind the scenes.
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-04-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Nice breakdown.

I agree with what you are saying and maybe it came down to Jax and Denver, though. I firmly believe that gentleman agreements occur. I also believe a lot of information is conveyed, as in Denver and the Eagles having a discussion about Foles. I find it hard that Denver completely disregarding exploring Foles to the max. because Flacco’s 34% under center rate last year got their balls tingling...

(Regarding actual rule violations, maybe some teams, agents and players have a big problem with the technical side of tampering because of their own high standards... could be why Sudfeld drop his agent a couple of days ago... hummm).

From a purely football standpoint, Denver and Jax. made the most sense if Foles prioritized his likelihood of success and not so much the money.

- Don’t forget the argument that Foles has a legacy to consider when considering NFC East teams...

Comment

I'm sure Flacco's contract situation factored into things. Foles due a big deal while Flacco was locked up for next 3 seasons with somewhat manageable figures at the postion:

he 'only' carries 18.5 cap figure this year, all of it in base salary. Jesus Christ, what a world we live in.

20m in 2020
                  24m in 2021

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...e-flacco-4000/

Comment

Working...
                  X