Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, I see the "Final Minute Follies" are alive and well

I'm sure it will be fixed in a week and a half

Yep nothing to see here. I mean — Embiid just returned so they haven’t been able to properly gel.
    Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Reddick missed another huge 3.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        Reddick missed another huge 3.
        They allowed 46 4th quarter points. Wow!

Comment

Coaching - either he’s not preaching & teaching defense nor cares about or the team doesn’t, either way on the coach.

I know it’s the “new” NBA but 46 in a quarter, at home against the #1 team in the East - that you are beating - then that 4th qtr.. turrible coaching

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
            I'm sure it will be fixed in a week and a half
            I'm still savoring that Boston win from a couple of weeks ago. No way I'm letting all of this negativity bring me down.

Comment

A win tonight would have erased any negativity that developed since the Boston win. They're still locked into the third seed, but it would have been nice to see them extend their winning streak against good teams to 4.

Comment

This team is allergic to defensive stops.

Comment

I don't know what their deal is in the last few minutes of close games, but they're trending in the wrong direction. I don't care too much about the wins and losses down the stretch, but this will kill them in the playoffs. No way they beat Toronto, Milwaukee or Boston if they can't get it together.

It's not all Brown, either. It's a lot of missed shots, stupid turnovers and defensive breakdowns.

Comment

You can just feel it, after a timeout in that final minute, that Simmons or Embid are going to make a terrible pass

Comment

Yup. I was listening on the radio and after Embiid's turnover (and Reddick's missed 3) I pretty much stopped listening.

It doesn't make sense either. Neither of those guys should be making those mistakes late. Fair or unfair, a lot of this stuff isn't necessarily Brown's fault, but if it costs them in the playoffs, I think that is where the finger will be pointed.

Comment

Exactly that would have been a statement win and a nice boost going in to the playoffs...

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          Yup. I was listening on the radio and after Embiid's turnover (and Reddick's missed 3) I pretty much stopped listening.

It doesn't make sense either. Neither of those guys should be making those mistakes late. Fair or unfair, a lot of this stuff isn't necessarily Brown's fault, but if it costs them in the playoffs, I think that is where the finger will be pointed.
                          What angers me is on the defensive side of things, with 3 seconds left and we have the lead. Everyone in the world knows it's going to Zach Levine, or Trae Young, or Paul George, and we stick ONE guy on them. I am not a basketball coach, but I think I would not want their best shooter taking that final shot.

Comment

Working...
                          X