Jordan Howard was a fkkking steal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Howard was a fkkking steal!

Sixth rounder for a proven NFL RB at 2M a year. 24 years old. Ridiculous value. Instant 1st string RB. Love it.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

I agree and had no idea he was only 24. Classic Howie special.

Comment

Howie’s looking to turn him into a 4th (or even a third) in 2020.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        Howie’s looking to turn him into a 4th (or even a third) in 2020.
        This would be hilarious...give up a 5th and gain a player AND a 3rd

Howie is KING.

Comment

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ck-philly-news

Comment

Ha. Last night I was talking to a friend about the sports radio caller types in Chicago. Needless to say they're not happy about this trade. But they're also a bunch of guys named Bob who call in to say "Hi dere, I dink da Bears should have gotten at least a first for Jayson Howard or whatever his name is.

I think the Eagles paid about market price for Howard. He's an ordinary RB who will get the yards that the OL gives him. But that's exactly what the Eagles were missing last season.

Maybe I'm overreacting to how bad the RBs were last year, but I was hoping they'd draft an RB relatively early. Someone who gave them more than the replaceable production you get from a mid-round draft pick.
            Last edited by art vandelay; 03-29-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              Ha. Last night I was talking to a friend about the sports radio caller types in Chicago. Needless to say they're not happy about this trade. But they're also a bunch of guys named Bob who call in to say "Hi dere, I dink da Bears should have gotten at least a first for Jayson Howard or whatever his name is.

I think the Eagles paid about market price for Howard. He's an ordinary RB who will get the yards that the OL gives him. But that's exactly what the Eagles were missing last season.

Maybe I'm overreacting to how bad the RBs were last year, but I was draft an RB relatively early. Someone who gave them more than the replaceable production you get from a mid-round draft pick.
              I think he's better than ordinary. What they had on the roster was ordinary for the most part. He has better vision than most of the guys on this roster so that immediately makes him better than that. He's probably above average which is what they needed.

They lost a bunch of big plays because of rb's just running into the back of the blocker and not seeing the hole and making the cut.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Yeah, they definitely lost big plays for the reason you said. That won't happen with Howard. This may just be semantics but I think that average backs have the vision to hit those holes, while roster bubble guys (which is what the Eagles had last year) run into people's backs.

I don't think the trade is as lopsided as people are making it out to be, but I like that it's a 2020 pick. Eagles probably came out a little ahead on this one.
                Last edited by art vandelay; 03-29-2019, 10:29 AM.

Comment

He's above average

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

But I think you pretty much nailed it - he takes what the OL Gives. Totally proper value in the trade and Chicago got upside protection.

Hard runner and extremely physical - he hurts people. Great blocker. He doesn't have super great vision or big play ability, but he gets the job done play-by-play. Honestly, he reads a lot like Ajayi does after that trade except with less injury/knee issues.

Honestly, if it doesn't work perfectly, he still fills the Blount-type role w/o issue. Physical and downhill even if he has less lateral movement.
                  Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-29-2019, 10:32 AM.

Comment

this guy has to be damanged goods. seems too good to be true, doesn't it?

buyer beware?

i love the move but something about this i just don't trust for some reason.

Comment

I think it's just like the Ajayi trade. We gave up a 4th for 1.5 years of Ajayi. Now we give up a 5th or a 6th for 1 year of Howard.

It's not really buyer beware, but that's how these non-elite RBs are valued. Guys like Jordan Howard are common enough late in the draft that Chicago will take their chances with a 5th/6th over which they'll have 4 years of control instead of keeping him for one more year.

Comment

i love the move, then slept on it. something just feels off here.

he had a pretty big drop off last season in yards after contact and a few other stats. Sheil had a nice article on the athletic this morning about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

he had a pretty big drop off last season in yards after contact and a few other stats. Sheil had a nice article on the athletic this morning about it.
                          It's a row risk, potentially high reward move.

What's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

I just read the opposite. His yards after contact were 2.72 which was up from 2.52 in 2017 but had less yards. Part of the problem is that he was getting hit I the backfield a bunch.

https://beargoggleson.com/2019/01/13/90416/

The big thing is that running backs are just not that valuable. We saw last year that you have to have at least solid backs but bears are probably more than comfortable drafting a guy and taking that risk than running with Howard and then losing him the next year and probably getting nothing back at all.

Eagles probably didn't want to rely on a rookie back because it's not a known commodity. Howard is what he is. Solid pass-blocker, solid power runner, not very explosive but has decent vision. He's an upgrade.
                            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

He is in the top 3 of production over the last 3 years, only ones ahead of him are Zeke and Gurley

The production change is most likely due to Cohen. I like him in the Blount/Ajayi type role with Clement/Adams. Draft Miles Sanders and we are good at RB for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X