Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
    That’s assuming they got any offers at all. I think once Denver went Flacco, Foles’ market was one team. There’s a reason Howie made the announcement more than two weeks before he had to. If he’d been entertaining serious offers, he wouldn’t have.

Edit: Sorry, Roseman announced one week early. Didn't realize today was the day.
    it's all speculation, but a 25 mil tag might be more palatable than a 60/3 contract with guarantees. Especially when the price tag is like a 6th round pick. Or the Jags just called the eagles bluff or they really wanted a 3rd. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
      I just keep going back to the pats and the eagles from 2017. the last two years they were the best overall teams in the league from top to bottom.

I don't think giving Bell that money helps them stay that way. Just spread that money out to a couple good players instead and it makes the overall team stronger.

People sometimes just get hyped for a name.

I mean, they could go Latavius Murray, TJ Yeldon and then "draft pick" and I would be fine with that at running back. Nothing to make your jaw drop but Murray is a solid RB like LG and TJ Yeldon is a good pass catching back with some speed and ability to run the ball. Wouldn't cost a ton either and they could use that money to address LB, DT, WR and whatever else (maybe safety depth).
      Big difference between scraping together average talent at the position and adding arguably the best back in the league. LB on the Eagles would be lethal and would get Carson to stop pressing so much.

Sure it has to be for the right price but damn, he's way more than just a name. After sitting out all of last season, he'll be fresh too.

Comment

Working...
      X